BGotW Cult Encounters

By Walk, in Arkham Horror Second Edition

Just wanted to confirm something that I already suspect: my copy of Black Goat of the Woods contains only twenty-two cult encounter cards, while the the instruction manual says there should be twenty-four. I suspect that the cards are missing (some of the monster tokens are also misprinted), but, as a vain hope, I don't suppose the instruction manual is incorrect about the number.

I have 24, I would suggest heading over to the Arkham Wiki and try to determine which two you may be missing and contact FFG customer support. I hear very good things about them. (the link will take you directly to the page you need.

I've had cards go missing before because they were stuck together. Check to make sure yours aren't.

Veet said:

I have 24, I would suggest heading over to the Arkham Wiki and try to determine which two you may be missing and contact FFG customer support. I hear very good things about them. (the link will take you directly to the page you need.

They are VERY good. I had three cards from LatT which had a print error on the back and I received the replacements about 10 days after I sent them an e-mail.

Yes, that's what I thought. I counted again, and it's still 22 with none stuck together. As the Wiki states, there are only 18 distinct cards, but some have duplicates, so I'm not sure which I'm missing. I'll contact customer support about it. Thanks, everyone.

You should have duplicates of the following:

Watching and Waiting

Dance of the Chosen

Tithes that Bind

No Turning Back

A Simple Choice

Whispers in Shadows

Ironically, I assumed that I did not know which I was missing upon discovering that there were duplicates. It turns that I'm actually missing two that aren't two duplicates. Thanks anyway, Veet. I would fret about how this might have skewed the results of my games, except that I have never once gotten a Cult Encounter.

arkhamresident said:

Veet said:

They are VERY good. I had three cards from LatT which had a print error on the back and I received the replacements about 10 days after I sent them an e-mail.

Agreed. I can't believe how good they are, not to mention generous with their customers. I have had 3 different items replaced to date: a yellow sign token, a mythos card, and 2 clue tokens, all of which were lost or ruined. Shoot them an email and they will send you the missing cards.