Gencon - Wednesday night gaming and Saturday night draft

By Dobbler, in 1. AGoT General Discussion

Gencon is just around the corner, as 3 weeks from today many of us will be starting to crowd into the exhibitors hall or warming up for the warm up event.

There are two AGot LCG opportunities that you won't find in the Gencon event listings, but are available to all of you planning on coming.

Wednesday night there will be an informal gathering at the Omni Lobby at 9:30 PM. The FFG employees should be finishing up their company meeting, and there are many of them that would enjoy some fun, casual gaming. Have you been looking forward to an opportunity to beat Nate French in a game? Then bring some decks and enjoy some gaming.

Saturday night, shortly following the Joust event, we will be having a draft event in the Hyatt Lobby. We will be using CCG cards, and this event has been aptly named the "Drunk Draft" considering the lack of sober competitors. Again, you will have the opportunity to compete with many of the FFG employees. This will be an event limited by the amount of product we have on hand, so it will be first come first serve. If you think you would like to come to this event, please post here so we can attempt to bring enough product.

I am nearly positive I'll be there for the Drunk Draft. I've heard too many good things about it. :)

Ditto that for me as well

I'm still 50-50 between it and the White Wolf party, but I'd wager that I'll end up slinging some cards.

I'm still amazed that Darryl made it back to the hotel after the draft last year. We really need to write down the tale of his journey back, that way I never forget all the hilarious details.

I am definitely in for the drunk draft, have heard way too many things about it to not be there.

Definitely in for the draft!

very much in for the draft, i might have a few stragglers with me

It wouldn't be a drunk draft without me...drafting...drunk...heck the first year we mostly used my 'winnings' from 'Worlds'...and Prof AJ's huge supply of beer if I remember right. Ah, nothing like paying influence with drinks...

My favorite story is Brooks (TheKingg) hailing down a 'cab' he was so goners and trying to get to the airport for a VERY early flight. Turned out the cab was a cop. You know nothing, Brooks. That was the same night I forgot the name of my hotel, so just walked around aimlessly until I remembered it was close to the capitol building.

I have some product too, if needed - just tell me ahead of time. Even some Czech House of Talons and French Thorns. lengua.gif

More Thrones and alcohol... of course I'm in.

I'm interested in participating.

Sounds like fun. I'll be there.

Papa

I should be there. As long as this doesn't detract from us getting our eats on at Alcatraz.

Kennon said:

I should be there. As long as this doesn't detract from us getting our eats on at Alcatraz.

Alcatraz will have to be Thursday or Friday night. This will start shortly after the Joust Championships (which likely won't end much earlier than 8 PM)

I'm in. Let the easy drunk win. XD

I never played in the CCG days but i am in anyway. The idea of Cards and Drink is to much to pass up. ;)

Please count me in for the draft!

rings said:

It wouldn't be a drunk draft without me...drafting...drunk...heck the first year we mostly used my 'winnings' from 'Worlds'...and Prof AJ's huge supply of beer if I remember right. Ah, nothing like paying influence with drinks...

One of the funniest things I've seen is AJ in his roorm earlier that night, trying to place a drink on top of the rounded TV, watching it start to slide, catching it, repeaing 3 times, then thinking he finally had it balanced, turning around and watching the drink then slide down & crash to the floor (well, right behind the $200 dollar tip he gave to the waitress at BW3 & watching him get his face buried in her bosom as a thank you & his face turning beet red).

rings said:

My favorite story is Brooks (TheKingg) hailing down a 'cab' he was so goners and trying to get to the airport for a VERY early flight. Turned out the cab was a cop. You know nothing, Brooks. That was the same night I forgot the name of my hotel, so just walked around aimlessly until I remembered it was close to the capitol building.

I have some product too, if needed - just tell me ahead of time. Even some Czech House of Talons and French Thorns. lengua.gif

When/how did you get the Czech & French cards - & better question, does your wife know?

Dobbler said:

Kennon said:

Alcatraz will have to be Thursday or Friday night. This will start shortly after the Joust Championships (which likely won't end much earlier than 8 PM)

Hmm. Part of me says that a drunk draft should never start before at least bar time (& some guy dressed as Zelda let's your horde back into the hotel through a locked door after having his name chanted) . The other part of me admires not wasting any time getting the debacle started.

Boy, I wish this wasn't in Mid-August every year. Need to find a different job before I join you gentlemen again.

Hope everyone enjoys - & preemptive props to Greg for organizing the tradition.

I plan to probably be there for both Wednesday night and Saturday night.

Dobbler said:

Kennon said:

Dobbler said:

Kennon said:

Haven't we historically gone after the joust championship so that we could celebrate the overall champ?

Definitely count me in for both!!!!!

between me and the people staying in my rooms, we will have anywhere from 6-11 players for the draft

I'm in.

I don't want to speak for others, but cha0s, his brother, and crevic are probably in as well.

I has always been after the Joust for sure, in that it is also after all the (major) tourneys so no one was worried about being hung over. Although I actually play better that way gui%C3%B1o.gif

We usually all need to eat as well - we won't get as much of a turn out if we do it TOO quickly. I can't remember last year that well though, maybe it was fairly quickly after the overall winner was named?

I am just mad I don't have a client in town anymore (I used to bank The Ram Bar and Grill which was out of Washington). I knocked up that business credit card good for years... lengua.gif