Card Errata and reprints

By scottindeed, in The Lord of the Rings: The Card Game

I was just wondering,

We have a couple of cards now with errata from the FAQ. With the other LCG's does this type of errata get incorporated into subsequent reprints? I have two Core sets and would eventually like a third, but was wondering whether to hold out to see if they "fix" some of the card descriptions.

yes, I think they really should do that in future reprint but also in a future deluxe expansion or adventure cycle. Keepin the faq stuff in mind is not always that easy. ;)

I would be fine if they made the errata-ed cards available on-line for reprinting at home.

I'd be fine sliding a new paper copy over the old card in my sleeve. How about it FFG?

Try these ….

scottindeed said:

We have a couple of cards now with errata from the FAQ. With the other LCG's does this type of errata get incorporated into subsequent reprints? I have two Core sets and would eventually like a third, but was wondering whether to hold out to see if they "fix" some of the card descriptions.

We are in the exact same situation. We have two core sets and are considering getting a third as we like to have three of every card (especially Unexpected Courage). However, we are holding out on the purchase as we would feel really stupid if FFG then decided to issue a reprint of the core set with the errata'ed cards.

I do not understand why FFG cannot make a public announcement on their plans regarding this issue. Whatever their choice is, it is better than not knowing.

Memetix said:

Try these ….

Those are beautiful, dude. Thanks!

AndreasL said:

scottindeed said:

We are in the exact same situation. We have two core sets and are considering getting a third as we like to have three of every card (especially Unexpected Courage). However, we are holding out on the purchase as we would feel really stupid if FFG then decided to issue a reprint of the core set with the errata'ed cards.

I do not understand why FFG cannot make a public announcement on their plans regarding this issue. Whatever their choice is, it is better than not knowing.

Quickest thing to do is put a quick post onto one of the more established lcgs like game of thrones - if core sets of that game have been updated with errata then it's likely that lotr will be at some point too, although if you have two core sets and use card sleeves it's easy to make proxys for the missing cards, simply put a player card you already have more than 3 of into the sleeve and then slide a print out of the needed card,such as UC into the front. From the back the card looks exactly like any other, feels the same thickness etc and is a usable UC when drawn

In AGOT, eratta'd cards have always been corrected when their corresponding packs/sets have been reprinted. So I would assume they will do the same for LOTR. They don't generally reprint them just for the sole purpose of correcting cards, so you'll have to wait until they sellout and need reprints, but those should contain corrected cards.