Question: Admiral and Flagship

By Old Guard Trooper, in Twilight Imperium 3rd Edition

While playing our last game of TI3 Shards of the Empire + Shattered Empire we where wondering about the Admiral and Flagship compatibility. Is Flagship considered a Dreadnought as the latest FAQ seems to point to? (In that case they would give them 1 more movement + the extra combat dice the admiral give to the ship is in)

Thank you for your answer!

i remember seeing the faq say that type IV drives and nano tech is usable on flagships but i didnt see it say assult cannons where.

not saying admirals cant but your conclusion about the faq may be wrong.

To be more precise let me quote the TI3 rulebook:

p. 35

"Admiral

+When an Admiral participates in a Space Battle (as attacker or defender), its owner may role one aditional die for the ship that is carrying the Admiral. (Note that only one additional die is rolled, even if the Admiral is on a War Sun.)

+A Dreadnought carrying an Admiral receives +1 movement.

[...]

I understand that Assault Cannon dosn't work but if Nano tech and Type IV drive work on the Flagship what about the +1 movement?

I would say no +1 movement because it is explixit no Dreadnought.

They did not say Admirals give that bonus to flagships, therefore until some future FAQ changes it, they do NOT give that bonus to flagships.

The question that was answered in the FAQ about Type IV Drive and Nano Technology was one submitted by me (because most people thought it was a fool's errand). If it had occurred to me to also ask about Admirals, I would have done so. I'm fairly certain that they would rule that Admirals do grant Flagships +1 movement; it's also possible they would rule in favor of other techs.

But as mentioned, the rules do not currently allow it.

I've sent in a rules question about which techs other than Nano and Type IV, if any, are applicable towards Flagships. Also asked if Flagships count as Dreads in regrds to Admirals. Will post the answer here when it comes.

... and action/politica (is there political?) cards that use dreadnaughs. other than direct hits wich has already been ruled is for sustained damage in space.