more answer here than in the guide :-)

By Kjorn2, in The Lord of the Rings: The Card Game

Hi all.

I wondering if i use the sneak attack on Gandalf i have to discard it or i can put it back in my hand?

I wonder too about Dunhere... It says i can target ennemies in the staging area. When he does so he gets +1 attack. does it mean i can attack the ennemy first with a attack of 3?

i just finish the second quest with: Aragorn/Galadriel/Bereavor : was piece of cake. I use sneak attack with gandalf so that was easy to kill the troll. That's why i ask my first question.

kjorn said:

Hi all.

I wondering if i use the sneak attack on Gandalf i have to discard it or i can put it back in my hand?

Back into your hand.

kjorn said:

I wonder too about Dunhere... It says i can target ennemies in the staging area. When he does so he gets +1 attack. does it mean i can attack the ennemy first with a attack of 3?

Enemies engage with you, then enemies engaged with you attack you, then you have a chance to attack enemies engaged with you. Dunhere is special in that when it is your chance to attack you can attack enemies in staging (those that aren't engaged with any player) and he gets +1 attack when he does.

are you asking if you put gandalf back in your hand or sneak attack back in your hand?

kjorn said:

i just finish the second quest with: Aragorn/Galadriel/Bereavor : was piece of cake. I use sneak attack with gandalf so that was easy to kill the troll. That's why i ask my first question.

Galadriel???

For dunhere, you mean i can attack ennemies who are still in the staging area and not attacking me is this right?

sorry for galadriel. i mean eowyn... i alway call her galadriel because she look like her :-)))

for the sneak attack with gandalf i say i call gandal with my sneak attack and after the round i put it back in my hand where i can bring it back later instead of putting it away in the discard pile.

another question. About the ability of Denethor. I was arguing with a friend about his ability. If i follow his action : Exhaust denethor to look at the top card of the encounter deck. you may move that card to the bottom of the deck. this action doesn't specify to put another card in place. So does that mean with Denetor, each beginning of the phase if i use his ability i'll never bring another card in the staging area? If so, with him it's almost each time a winning situation. Seem kind of easy.

Yes, you can use Dunhere during the combat phase to attack one enemy in the staging area.

With Sneak Attack, Gandalf returns to your hand at the end of the PHASE, not the end of the turn.

With Denethor, you can look at the top card and keep it on the top or put it on the bottom. But regardless you must still draw an encounter card when the game requires it, such as during the Quest Phase.