crate tokens

By marcemtp, in Tannhauser

When i received my copy of daedalus i didn't read rules the before i mixed all my crate tokens together. After reading the rules i saw it that crate tokens in daedalus replace the ones from tannhauser and novagrod. Is this a big deal or is this ok?

This is a very common question, and some people have different oppinions, but I don't worry about it.

Check my blog for an alternate solution (link in signature).

thank you. the info on the blog was very helpful also.

marcemtp said:

When i received my copy of daedalus i didn't read rules the before i mixed all my crate tokens together. After reading the rules i saw it that crate tokens in daedalus replace the ones from tannhauser and novagrod. Is this a big deal or is this ok?

As noted on Miah's blog, the Daedalus crate tokens were a fix for the inconsistent art on the back (crate-side) of the tokens. It's generally not a problem, unless the inconsistent art bothers you. The concern that someone could potentially use them to cheat is a small one since there are so many tokens. Having all the tokens mixed together may also change the percent chance that you pick up a specific token as well since you'll have more repeats of certain crates, but again, I doubt it would affect the game too much.

Anyway, the Daedalus tokens were incomplete, so (assuming you have the same expansions that I do) mixing the tokens together means you get the bonus of having a 3 Command Point token as well as one other token that I cannot recall at the moment.