Making an Arkham Horror suitcase..

By Rossmeister2, in Fan Creations

Hey guys!

A long time ago I decided to make a case for Arkham Horror, so I only have to lug around one container instead of a million. Today I finally found the perfect suitcase. And old piece, with rusty hinges.

Today I just did a few basics, I oiled the locks so that they work, and I put in two rusty nails that I had lying around, and fixed a piece of string between them to keep the lid up.

Enjoy the first views of my work in progress!

5930745453_ef037981de_b.jpg

5930745631_4d66114283_b.jpg

5931302676_37c49bfc4a_b.jpg

Sorry about the clipped images, but you get the gist of it.

Today I'll hopefully get hold of some foam rubber and black paint. I'll spraypaint the foam and use it as insert material in the case. Then I'll cut space for the different tokens and cards.

Maybe I'll get some white paint and a brush as well. If I do that, I can spraypaint a black background on the front of the case, onto which I can paint a logo, and some stars.

Rossmeister said:

Today I'll hopefully get hold of some foam rubber and black paint. I'll spraypaint the foam and use it as insert material in the case. Then I'll cut space for the different tokens and cards.

Maybe I'll get some white paint and a brush as well. If I do that, I can spraypaint a black background on the front of the case, onto which I can paint a logo, and some stars.

Sounds interesting. Post the finished product. Maybe you'll inspire FFG to release an Arkham Suitcase as well ;'D

Avi_dreader said:

Sounds interesting. Post the finished product. Maybe you'll inspire FFG to release an Arkham Suitcase as well ;'D

I'm still waiting for them to release the official Arkham Horror kitchen table.

Veet said:

Avi_dreader said:

I'm still waiting for them to release the official Arkham Horror kitchen table.

Today I got paints and foam. I made the basic foam insert, but it's ugly still, and I took it out while painting the case, so you'll have to wait longer for that! I painted the inside of the lid, and the outside on one side. I plan to paint the other side as well, with an elder sign on it.

5934925342_74cf5177f4.jpg

5934925482_039c545cc9.jpg

Looking better. Keep at it! :'D

Just a short update on the case:

5952642656_841b44c309.jpg

To the right there are six small deck boxes. Together they hold three small expansion (one per two boxes). In the middle are four big deck boxes, holding the base game and the Kingsport Horror expansion. Again, one game per two boxes. You can see the monsters in a row on top. Only the base game monsters shown. In the compartment you can see the lines of between the small and the big boxes I put the dice, eight stands, and all the investigators from the base game and Kingsport. There's room for more. Under the big boxes are Investigator sheets and the Ancient Ones. To the left you can see the rulebook, covering two game boards. On top is Curse of the Dark Pharaoh which I'm waiting to place until I get the revised edition. Not much space left, but in a pinch I can fit seven or eight more small boxes along the foam, and maybe another eight on top of the boards.

Not a majestic work of art by any means, but what do you think?

It's pretty cool. Definitely more space efficient than the official boxes.