Talisman Custom Characters

By JT22, in Talisman Home Brews

Hello Talisman fans!

I often frequented the site, and in particularly this forum, for all things Talisman, and lately I have been looking over some of your custom created characters. They are awesome and have inspired me to create my own but the only thing is I don't know how. May I ask the Talisman community to help me out with this? happy.gif How are you able to get the character template cards, and how are you able to put images and text (just like the game cards!) on them? I am very interested in learning how, and your help would be greatly appreciated!

My first character idea is a ranger with there following abilities and stats:

Abilities:

*Pathfinding: You may roll two dice and choose one of the dice results for your movement roll.

*Evasion: You may evade any battle encounter on the roll of a 6+; 5+ if in the hills; 4+ if in the woods or forest.

*When landing on the Forest space you may choose to ignore rolling the dice for the space, however if you do roll you must accept the result

Stats:

Strength: 3

Craft: 3

Lives: 4

Fate: 3

What do you guys think? I really want to make this guy! :) Oh, and I was looking at someone's (sorry I forgot the name!) Viking custom character earlier, and I must say that I really like him and how he was implemented with the rading the village mechanic! Very cool. :)

Ranger-Front-Face.png

You should get the strange eons program over at TalismanIsland.com

Best Regards

Wow that is awesome! happy.gif

What is this Strange Eons program? Is it difficult to use, as I would be a novice at stuff like this. That is really cool to see it on the card like that!

No it is really easy to use, and a great program where you can make any type of card for talisman. So go to talismanisland.com and download the program. Then get a program to edit your pictures. I use photoshop, but i think there is a lot of free programs you can download to edit your pictures.

Best Regards

Thanks happy.gif Ill see what I can do with the program then! Why do you need a photo editing program? Is that the only way to get pictures on the cards and such? I'm sorry if these seem like pretty basic questions, but I have no experience what-so-ever with computer programs or software etc., and I usually tend to avoid them.

You'll need a graphics program so you do things like crop and cleanly resize illustration images. I often mask and pastiche/collage stuff together. You can resize stuff to fit inside SE, but it doesn't do as nice a job as a graphics editor. If you need something for free, you might look up GIMP on the internet. It's fairly potent... a like a Photoshop of about 5 or 6 years ago.

JT22 said:

Oh, and I was looking at someone's (sorry I forgot the name!) Viking custom character earlier, and I must say that I really like him and how he was implemented with the rading the village mechanic! Very cool. :)

Thanks! happy.gif