Captain Groleo and I'm You Writ Small card interaction

By sismo2, in 2. AGoT Rules Discussion

Hi again, i got another doubt about some cards interaction, this time is Captain Groleo and I'm You Writ Small . The captain says "After an opponent plays or reveals an attachment..." and the other card says "Then, attach I'm You Writ Small to a character (counts as a Boon attachment...". So, if I'm You Writ Small is played while the captain is already in play, do I get the power or I get no power at all because the card is an event at the moment it is played?

Sismo said:

I get no power at all because the card is an event at the moment it is played?

This. Your opponent doesn't play an attachment, he plays an event.

This similarly applies with locations like Khal Drogo's Tent.

It is never an attachment until it is played as one. If it's revealed, it's a location so it would not apply to Captain Groleo.

Bomb said:

It is never an attachment until it is played as one. If it's revealed, it's a location so it would not apply to Captain Groleo.

ktom said:

Bomb said:

Just keep in mind that while it would not count for "revealed an attachment," if you chose to play it as an attachment, Groleo's Response would apply. (The card was never "played" as a location.)

Right on. That's exactly what I was trying to get at and I clearly didn't finish writing out my thought process in the post.

Nice, thanks everybody.