Some questions about blood of the dragon

By sismo2, in 2. AGoT Rules Discussion

Hi there, we had just played a few games, and got a couple of questions related to Blood of the dragon and Quatheen Fanatic cards:

1- Is possible to use the Quatheen Fanatic bonus to declare a military attack if he has the Blood of the dragon condition attached?

2- Can I declare Quatheen Fanatic as defender in a military challenge, if I use another character with Blood of the dragon attached to defend in the same challenge?

3- On a power challenge where Quatheen Fanatic and another character using Blood of the dragon are participating, does the fanatic get the +1 strength bonus?

One of my friends said that in case 1 and 2 you probably can't because when you are declaring defenders or attackers the card with Blood of the dragon does not have the dragon trait, so the Quatheen Fanatic would not get the military icon bonus. I think that if it is that way there is no real use on the "dragon trait" while participating on a challenge part of the Blood of the dragon card. Is he rigth?

Edit: Some typos, and added question 3.

Sismo said:

Hi there, we had just played a few games, and got a couple of questions realted to Blood of the dragon and Quatheen Fanatic:

1- Is possible to use the Quatheen Fanatic bonus to declare a military attack if he has the Blood of the dragon condition attached?

2- Can I declare Quatheen Fanatic as defender in a military challenge, if I use another character with Blood of the dragon attached to defend in the same challenge?

One of my friends said that you probably can't because when you are declaring defenders or attackers the card with Blood of the dragon does not have the dragon trait, so the Quatheen Fanatic would not get any bonus. I think that if it is that way there is no real use on the "dragon trait" while participating on a challenge part of the Blood of the dragon card. Who is rigth?

Your friend is right. When defenders are declared, Quartheen Fanatic doesn't have a MIL icon, because the character with Blood of the Dragon is not participating in the challenge yet.

But you are right, too: If you only play with the Core Set, the Dragon trait gained from Blood of the Dragon never actually helps you. But there are cards in the wider card pool that interact with it, so it does make sense. Look at this card, for one example of many.

Nice thanks for the reply, i just added a 3rd question to my original post. I think in that case, you still get the +1 strength bonus, am I rigth?

I assume you mean Intrigue challenge; QF doesn't have a Power icon.

And yes, you're right. When you check for STR for the challenge resolution, the character with Blood of the Dragon is still participating in the challenge, ergo he has the Dragon trait, ergo QF counts +1 STR. So my reply above was incorrect in that respect; QF and BotD do interact in INT challenges. Sorry for any confusion caused.

You where rigth, i mean an Intrigue challenge. Thanks again.