thicket of spears and surge

By madprof666, in The Lord of the Rings: The Card Game

couple of separate card questions.

thicket of spears :- it says it must be paid for by 3 different pools. must all 3 heroes be red?

"surge...." i get that if a card is revealed with "surge" another card is turned over, but if ANOTHER surge card is turned over as a result, do you turn ANOTHER card over? also if the surge card is revealed from a treachery or action, do you still act upon the surge rule? if so, it can be devastating :/

madprof666 said:

couple of separate card questions.

thicket of spears :- it says it must be paid for by 3 different pools. must all 3 heroes be red?

"surge...." i get that if a card is revealed with "surge" another card is turned over, but if ANOTHER surge card is turned over as a result, do you turn ANOTHER card over? also if the surge card is revealed from a treachery or action, do you still act upon the surge rule? if so, it can be devastating :/

Thicket of Spears must be be paid from three Tactics heroes.

If you reveal a surge card then you reveal an additional encounter card. If that is also a surge then you repeat the process.

I'm not exactly certain about the second part of the question. Do you mean Shadow and Actions? Card like Denthor don't activate surge because the card is never revealed. Shadow effects don't cause surge to happen because only Shadow effects happen.

For the second half of the surge question:

Yes, surge cards revealed by actions (such as Eleanor's) or Treachery cards will still active the surge rule.

The FAQ probably says it better though:

(1.01) Encounter Keywords
Surge, Doomed, and Guarded keywords should be resolved any time the card on which they occur enters play, including during setup.

aye thats what i meant, sorry for not being clear, im quite new tob these games. and thanks for clearing that up for me

aye thats what i meant, sorry for not being clear, im quite new tob these games. and thanks for clearing that up for me

Apophenia said:

madprof666 said:

Thicket of Spears must be be paid from three Tactics heroes.

Ok, so unless there are 3 tactics heroes in play the card is useless? Sure?

Yes, sure. But with 3 tactics heroes: the card is awesome :D !!

Doom1502 said:

Yes, sure. But with 3 tactics heroes: the card is awesome :D !!

****, I have played it this card wrong to my advantage :(

I strongly guess that Thicket of Spears will be easier to play with cards from future expansions - there will be probably much more cards like Song of Kings and Celebrian's Stone that give heroes additional resource icons.