Daemon Hunter is now available on RPGNow and DTRPG

By Black_Kestrel, in Dark Heresy

Picked my copy as well.

As thing that dismays me a little is that the pages containing tables are depicted a little "shoddy". At least on my monitor.
Anyone the same or is this just my screen/resolution?

Anyway, the "linking" in the index is a quiet handy thing...so my document misses the link for the p.42 section (char options & stuff).

Have not read it completely but skimmed it. I am not sure about some of the new Daemons options, but options cannot be wrong. Can they?

The Fater-Eater seems to me a little "useless", like "patched on" instead of a thing that is really elaborated.
I really like the Reliquar 2x (forgot the second number!) and that we now have official use for the Tarot. My psyker might like this.

And now, my brethern, let´s allow our imagination to swarm out and fill the forum with glistening gems of evil demonio.gif

I'm still waiting for my hardcopy to arrive I pre-ordered about 2 months ago :(

Gregorius21778 said:

Picked my copy as well.

As thing that dismays me a little is that the pages containing tables are depicted a little "shoddy". At least on my monitor.
Anyone the same or is this just my screen/resolution?

Anyway, the "linking" in the index is a quiet handy thing...so my document misses the link for the p.42 section (char options & stuff).

Have not read it completely but skimmed it. I am not sure about some of the new Daemons options, but options cannot be wrong. Can they?

The Fater-Eater seems to me a little "useless", like "patched on" instead of a thing that is really elaborated.
I really like the Reliquar 2x (forgot the second number!) and that we now have official use for the Tarot. My psyker might like this.

And now, my brethern, let´s allow our imagination to swarm out and fill the forum with glistening gems of evil demonio.gif

Yep, the tables are shoddy. Probably a result off a PDF creation problem. Not sure if we will get a corrected copy, but FFG has updated WFRP files on RPGNow before.

The Fate-Eater could be very powerful depending on how often the PC's encounter FP using opponents and how the character rolls.

Hi Black_Kestrel,

I do not mean in regard to "game effects" but in regard to "incorporation to the universe". I never have heard of such a thing in the 40K universe before (besides Slaanesh habbit of eating souls...which is covered in the Daemon Section) and the whole entry is not really elaborated. If something as mystic and far-out as a human eating another entities "destiny" is created and inserted, I would have hoped for a little bit more background regarding this unique ability.

@MKX & hard copy
So it seems that my trend to ignore the hardcopies in favour of the PDF seems to be the right decision. Might I ask you in which region of the world you actual hail from? I am just curious :)

Gregorius21778 said:

Hi Black_Kestrel,

I do not mean in regard to "game effects" but in regard to "incorporation to the universe". I never have heard of such a thing in the 40K universe before (besides Slaanesh habbit of eating souls...which is covered in the Daemon Section) and the whole entry is not really elaborated. If something as mystic and far-out as a human eating another entities "destiny" is created and inserted, I would have hoped for a little bit more background regarding this unique ability.

Ah, I understand now. Most of the new background packages in the book are light on background information. I'm not sure how much a person's divination is explored in the novels as my 40K knowledge is limited to the computer games, some codexes, Lexicanum and the three RPG lines. I'll agree that if fate-eating is something completely new more background on it would have been nice. On the flip side the limited material presented allows you to expand upon it as much as you'd like without worries you might contradict what has already been written. Personally I'd see the fateless as extreme dangers to Tzeentch and his schemes. How can you manipulate someone's destiny when they lack fate?

from france

i finally got mine the shop of my friend wait a long moment to get it. the pages are clues i had to move them page by page. i just take a look but already have some question. i was wondering why they had the point of view that their is no unaligned greater daemon the way i remenber some chaos turned primarch became like perturabo or lorgar. in previous edition if a greater deamon was not aligned with the four chaos power it s still a greater deamon.

second point are grey knight already ascencion character or their ascension are in pdf like the sororitas if it is the case i didn't find it.

why does i have the feeling that this book could have been dispatched in other book like radicals or dark gods? hum maybe because for 40 % of the book it s the case.

i will give you a second review after a correct reading if you want.

the 8 spider said:

why does i have the feeling that this book could have been dispatched in other book like radicals or dark gods? hum maybe because for 40 % of the book it s the case.

from france

you took it too literraly. i said that it was a feeling. when i read blood of the martyr i had the feeling to read something new.

with deamon hunter i have the feeling too read again disciples of the dark god and the radical handbook. i also precise that it was a gut feeling after a fast survey of the book and that i wil read it more closely.

also this was just a point and not the only one. if i have to repeat again for me the main problem is a fluff probleme the one about non aligned greater deamon and the fact that my copy was in a bad shape.

I got my copy from Amazon.uk last week. As I am from "Old Europe", I had to pay more due to postage and packaging, but due to the weak pound sterling and the rather strong Euro (not compared to gold that is...) it was OK and worth for nat waiting any longer.

I sort of know what 8 spider meant, even though I did not have the same impression in regard to DotDG, but more in regard to the DW supplement Mark of Xenos, which I also got last week. One third of Mark of Xenos is unforunately full of stats of (the "commonly" known Chaos God-aligned) Daemons (next to the already fourth stats for Genestealers...) instead of really new inventive xenos threats I hoped for. And Demon Hunter is also full of more or less the same stats of the very same Daemons (of which a lot are already in the DH rulebook and CA). A little repetitive in my opinion and at least in my view the qaulity or better the ingenuity of the DH supplements gets worse with every book since DotDG and maybe the RH.

Gregorius21778 said:

@MKX & hard copy
So it seems that my trend to ignore the hardcopies in favour of the PDF seems to be the right decision. Might I ask you in which region of the world you actual hail from? I am just curious :)

Australia, so I'm used to things being about 2 weeks later due to shipping, but the book only arrived in country last Friday and probably wont be here until tomorrow or this coming Monday depending on how clever the postage apes are. Been putting off going fully electronic for some time, a lot of stuff we "need" or is of tertiary value (like most of the adventures) I'll buy through somewhere like rpgnow, I write all my adventures on a PC and detail all my plots on one so its just a matter of hunting round for a netbook or laptop that isn't complete crap for the right price.

Hmm, I might just consider using these sites. Are the tables okay for printing? And are the pages basically just a pdf copy of the books or are there linking, popups with reference bubbles etc as well?

I'm considering buying a kindle... so I ask a question of all the guys that buy digital instead of hardcopy... Do you guys use a kindle to read those PDFs and how does it work?

Can kindle read the images and does it keep the original layout?

Thx,

Isidro