London - Games on 16/17 and/or 30/31 July

By LoneWanderer, in 3. AGoT Organized Play

I'm going to come right out and say it: Making a room booking at our regular venue is harder than pulling out your own teeth with pliers. I officially give up.

However, I'm informed by people in the know that the 'Dark Sphere' game shop at Waterloo has open gaming tables. Which, to my knowledge, may be the only ones in London.

As such, to celebrate the new book does anybody fancy heading down there on either of the listed weekends and getting some AGOT on?

I figure that if we pitch up at 11am then we'll be likely to get a table (also, the shop is organising Mtg tournaments at a nearby pub on both weekends, which should take a lot of ccg-player pressure off the place). Happy to do jousts (to the best of my ability) or or melees depending on turnout.

Also, I just took delivery of something in the region of 5000 - 6000 AGOT CCG cards, which I acquired for literally a pittance, so I'm keen to rock out some old-school reprints in front of an appreciative crowd.

Let me know, I haven't played in so long that I'm beggining to forget what the little blue tokens are for.

Haha, I was waiting for a thread like this to pop up from you - I don't even want to know what sort of hassle you had to go through trying to book that place. Anyway, I'm sure this Dark Sphere shop is warmer and (hopefully) has more natural light than that basement.

16/17 is actually no good for me, 30/31 should be ok though.

Got some decks I've been waiting to try out against you lot for a while now.

Literally cannot wait for tomorrow - straight to Waterstones at lunch. A long long 6 years finally comes to a blissful conclusion.

actually, cant do the 31st, so only available on the 30th

Hey,

Good job on finding another idea! We need to keep the game alive. I'm not sure I can do do any of those dates, but I'll have to check.

Will do my best to see you guys around.

Excellent,

Tagore (Tomdidiot) is away till August so confirmation of thrones play is welcoming, I would be happy to venture forth on any/all of the dates (except maybe the 17th),

If this idea does not work out then there is one more option that I can provide but I suppose one step at a time is optimal,

All the best and hopefully things will go fine on the dates..

Good stuff.

How about a 'dawn' raid on Dark Sphere at 11am on the 31st of this month then? Maybe that'll be absurdly early, but I'm anxious to get seats.

I figure that I'll go take a walk to check out the venue on Friday*, just to make sure that it's as described and pictured online, and to have a chat to the owners/staff about when we need to be there to shotgun a table.

Assuming that all goes well, then it looks like we're back in business.

*assuming that I can hoodwink my various bosses into believing that one of the other bosses has sent me out to do something profitable and client-related for an hour or so.

**also, I'm going to have a chat to some other people I know who run similar groups, just to see if they've got any suggestions about potential ventures. I mean, there's got to be somewhere vaguely pub-like that we can use, right?

Hi guys, I just bought a couple of core sets and LOTW, KOTStorms, QOD and KotSea expansions, I bought them to play with some friends who mostly play mmorpgs but although I have zero experience to date would I still be welcome to come down and play ? If so I will build a deck and hopefully provide some small competition :)

Also, I've been busy introducing people at London on board to the game, and since the TV series, the number of people who are interested in playing the game has ballooned. Several people have picked up core sets, some have started buying up the expansions, and I think someone has started buying the chapter packs. I think London on Board might be a nice alternate venue for Thrones - especially because we can drag in newbies/have other thigns to do while waiting for games. Paul has said that he's happy with LCGs being played.

Darksphere is a nice enough place, though it doesn't *really* have gaming room - unless it's for miniatures. Worth a try though. They stock Warhammer Invasion (or they used to - I haven't seen it in a while), so I'm pretty sure they can get thrones as well.

Looneytoonz said:

Hi guys, I just bought a couple of core sets and LOTW, KOTStorms, QOD and KotSea expansions, I bought them to play with some friends who mostly play mmorpgs but although I have zero experience to date would I still be welcome to come down and play ? If so I will build a deck and hopefully provide some small competition :)

We'd be delighted to welcome a new player!

Don't worry about not being too polished with the rules or anything, we're very much a casual play kind of crowd (well, there's a couple of Stahleck-Level sharks in there).

Also, I'm willing to bet that even your fledgling first deck will be a fair matchup for whatever hastily assembled 100-card theme deck I end up bringing with me.

Looking forward to seeing you there.

Oh wow... with hilarious comic timing, our regular venue has just called to say that we've got the room on 31 July.

I'll go make a new thread.

Great news see you there :)

LoneWanderer said:

well, there's a couple of Stahleck-Level sharks in there

so best become a stahleck shark yourself ;-) all you need to do is go to the castle at the end of november.

though the big championship is played, there is also a lot of side events and casual gaming. and even the main event is done in a very friendly atmosphere.