NEW FAQ

By Stag Lord, in 1. AGoT General Discussion

Burning on the sands has been retsricted!1 Hoo-freaking-ray!!

Carrion Bird can only hit printed Ravens - also a big plus. Those two right there makes htis a winner of a FAQ as far as I am concerned. (Though I would like to haev seen Cyvasse go as well - sigh. Shouldn't be greedy).

I have been playing with proxied cards from the fourth Chapter Pack assuming it would be legal for Gencon. But according to the updated tournament rules, this chapter pack will NOT be legal for Gencon. This definitely changes some of my thinking. Granted, it would have been irrelevant if the cards had not been spoiled months ago from the uncut sheets at Gencon, but still interesting.

I'm really happy with all the erratas they did. Just my feeling that these will make the enviroment better for different deck types (not anymore at the gates luwin first turns always...).

Also nice that they errated alliance, maybe now I will make/see interesting decks of it :)

My first impression: Great FAQ update. It all makes a lot of sense. Im a bit sad for BotS, but I guess Martell had to be nerfed a bit. Happy it's not Game of Cyvasse.

I Love Burning on the Sands. . . LOVE IT

but it belonged on the restricted list.. . . .. . now if we can just move Val to the banned list. . . ..

My beloved trait manipulation deck took a nasty hit, looks like *lots of QQ*

My mind's a bit boggled by the Rhaegal ruling, though it's a bit moot as I don't expect anyone to playing that card anymore. The Jaqen ruling on the other hand is a bit disappointing. As for the rest, very glad to see all the errata and clarifications - they seem pretty solid to me.

Looks like Luwin will not be the most popular Maester any more...

Very happy with the changes to Carrion Bird, At the Gates, and Burning on the Sand. Very happy that people will have to choose between BotS and Venomous Blade. It just seemed unfair that Martell had the tool that ruined weenie decks and also had the event that would ruin any type of rush decks by cancelling challenge wins once you committed all your guys to attack.

What card do you think will win out most decks? I think Venomous Blade will. There's already a ton of good events competing for deck space and Venomous Blade is just good, cheap, and recurring to not take imo.

Wish there was some toning down of a couple of "Maester" cards but other than that I'm good.

so i cant get it to load, what changed the Alliance Agenda>?

jack merridew said:

so i cant get it to load, what changed the Alliance Agenda>?

Moral of the story: it works during setup now.

Thanks ktom or as i like to think of you, Grand Maester Ktom

Pretty good stuff. Not 100% happy it is a month from GC, but beggers can't be choosers.

It brought Martell down exactly 3.5%, so not a huge change. Lewin will actually be able to sit down again after being abused for a few months.

To me, the biggest change was the Bird. That does change things a lot - between Maester's and Birds (and the plot) pretty much any house could use trait manipulation for profit. Now it is pretty tough out of any house, even Lanni took a hit.

Does it change the power levels? A bit (Martell down slightly, Lanni down slightly, Stark up decently), but that isn't a bad thing.

Sad to see that Isle of the Ravens won't be legal, but not too surprised. At least I won't have to deal with any Summer Market/Doran's Game antics at Gencon.

What exactly is the Pycelle ruling? It's not phrased as errata. It looks more like a clarification. Is it a new rule that specifically Core Set Pycelle can not trigger off of other copies of Pycelle? Or is it clarifying some general principle that cards can not trigger off of other copies of cards with the same name?

The Jaqen ruling makes me sad.

schrecklich said:

Is it a new rule that specifically Core Set Pycelle can not trigger off of other copies of Pycelle? Or is it clarifying some general principle that cards can not trigger off of other copies of cards with the same name?

I actually prefer this to the creation of some sort of general ruling or "clarification" why Pycelle #1 couldn't trigger off of Pycelle #2. Fix the card, not the game.

Like the changes. Glad that the cardpool will be deprived of Prince's Plans for a little while at least. Good bye BotS! You won't be missed by me. I expect to see VB more than BotS, but it will be interesting to see which cards will fill BotS's vacuum... Paper Shield, Condemned by the Council, Poisoned Knife and Alchemist's Guild?

I'm actually the most disappointed that the 4th pack won't be out in time for GenCon sad.gif And now I have to retool some decks....

rings said:

Does it change the power levels? A bit (Martell down slightly, Lanni down slightly, Stark up decently), but that isn't a bad thing.

Major hit (probably not tier 1 anymore)

• Martell KotHH (is this even playable competitively without Luwin or Burning?) Losing Prince's Plans also hurts.
  • Targ maesters (mostly because there's no Linked Advisor or Outwit to protect board position, but also because there's now more free event slots in Martell to play event cancel)
  • Any heavy trait manip deck...though there's probably still enough trait manip to make it work

Down slightly

• Greyjoy choke (I think losing Baelor is really going to affect the metagame too)
  • Martell summer (no burning or Luwin)
  • Lanni maesters (non-trait manip focus)

I think the bottom line is that the same decks which were dominating will continue to do so, with a little less consistency. Martell Brotherhood probably moved up a few notches though...I wonder if that will be *the* deck to beat at GenCon.

what is Baelor? Are we talking about cards that aren't even out again?

To all the Martell players, I'm sorry. I think FFG tracks which house I've been playing the most so that they can ban/errata/restrict them.

Kennon said:

To all the Martell players, I'm sorry. I think FFG tracks which house I've been playing the most so that they can ban/errata/restrict them.

~It is a conspiracy by the other Champs to keep you a Chump happy.gif

He's a Greyjoy Character in the upcoming chapter pack that prevented an opponent from playing a event card if they had a copy in their discard.

Stag Lord said:

Stag Lord said:

Yup. They are. I'm not actually a big fan of the spoilers being available several months in advance, as it takes a big chunk away from all the expectation... and lessens the continually changing feel of the environment.

Agreed Drakey. That's why i don't read them and find it dissonant when folks tlke about such cards affecting the metagame.