Running Multiple Agendas

By AceManUSC, in 2. AGoT Rules Discussion

The Defenders of the North Chapter Packs come with The North agendas. The first set Wolves of the North has the following agenda:

The Rangers
You may run any number of The North agendas. You need 2 additional power to win the game. Night's Watch characters you control gain a Military icon.

Does this mean I can run multiples? And do I have to win 2 more power tokens to win, meaning 17 tokens? Or does it mean 2 more per The North agenda running. So I could have to win by 21 if I had 3 The North agendas running?

The idea is that you can run a number of different agendas that have the The North trait, each granting a different benefit to either your Night's Watch or your Wildling characters, depending on the type of deck you're playing.

For the Night's Watch, there's three different agendas, each granting your NW characters a different icon. For each agenda that you run, you need two additional power to win, so 21 if you run all three.

So you can run multiple The North agendas. And they each increase the win requirement by 2 tokens.

Thanks for the clarification.

AceManUSC said:

So you can run multiple The North agendas. And they each increase the win requirement by 2 tokens.

Thanks for the clarification.

Correct. Please note that due to errata (see the FAQ ) you can run only either Night's Watch agendas or Wildling agendas, but not both.

The FAQ does say that, I agree. I am still doubtful of the 2 more tokens per agenda being the correct rules.

I interpret it as once the door is opened by playing any single agenda card from The North agenda's, the 2 more tokens to win clause is in effect. It doesn't say PER agenda, add 2.

AceManUSC said:

The FAQ does say that, I agree. I am still doubtful of the 2 more tokens per agenda being the correct rules.

I interpret it as once the door is opened by playing any single agenda card from The North agenda's, the 2 more tokens to win clause is in effect. It doesn't say PER agenda, add 2.

It's just like any other card effect. If you have two copies of Rusted Sword on a character, the character gets +2 Str from each of the cards (and not +2 Str total), because they are seperate effects. It's the same with the agendas.

And are you allowed to run more than 1 agenda like "Heir to the Iron Throne" and the summer agenda ( I forget the name of it, its gold with a crown) even if the text dosn't say you are allowed to run more than 1?

GrugalM said:

And are you allowed to run more than 1 agenda like "Heir to the Iron Throne" and the summer agenda ( I forget the name of it, its gold with a crown) even if the text dosn't say you are allowed to run more than 1?

From the rule book:

"Agendas
These cards are permanent modifiers to your
House card, giving you access to new specialized
powers and appropriate limitations.

Before you start the game, you may choose a
single agenda and place it beside your House
card to gain its benefits (and drawbacks) for the
entire game. Agendas cannot be removed from
the game by any card effects and are not considered
to be in play."

That also brings us to:

AceManUSC said:

Since you gain the benefits and drawbacks of the Agenda, if you are going to claim the positive things "per" Agenda, you're going to have to take the negative things, too.

As saturnine says: you don't need Agenda #1 to say "you need 2 extra power per Agenda to win" because both Agenda #1 and Agenda #2 say you need to power. Since every card acts individually, the simple fact that you have 2 cards saying "you need 2 extra power" creates the "per Agenda" condition.