Another confusing scenario

By ktei2008, in 2. AGoT Rules Discussion

My opponent is the first player. At the very beginning of challenge phase, I'm about to take a card out of shadow, which can prevent him from playing any event cards once it comes out from shadow. However, my opponent is about to play an event that kneels one of my characters.

My question is: who should act first? I know he's the first player, but isn't it taking cards out of shadow even more 'first'?

Thank you guys!

Bringing cards out of Shadows occurs before any player action windows.

BTW, you should always name the cards in question when you ask questions like that. What card can prevent the opponents from playing events when it comes out of Shadows?

Ratatoskr said:

Bringing cards out of Shadows occurs before any player action windows.

BTW, you should always name the cards in question when you ask questions like that. What card can prevent the opponents from playing events when it comes out of Shadows?

The Shadow of the South (Martell event)

Understood. Thank you guys.

Keep in mind that, while the order of the phase is "1) Bring cards out of Shadows, 2) Player actions," so that you get a chance to bring cards out of Shadows before your First Player opponent can play that action, you First Player opponent has the opportunity to bring a card out of Shadows before you get to bring one out.

ktom said:

Keep in mind that, while the order of the phase is "1) Bring cards out of Shadows, 2) Player actions," so that you get a chance to bring cards out of Shadows before your First Player opponent can play that action, you First Player opponent has the opportunity to bring a card out of Shadows before you get to bring one out.

Crystal clear.