Unit limits: How many multiples of a unit can you have??

By player359820, in Dust Tactics Rules Discussion

I am just getting into the game, and I wanted to know just how many of a unit type you can have in your force, since I am buying them now and do not wish to buy too few or too many.

Example: How many Command Squads can you have? Special Ops? And so forth.

I am building my Panzer unit as a 5 walker unit, just want to make sure it is legal.

1 command squad of each armour class, so as there is only one command squad at the moment, the answer is one.

1 of each named hero.

Unlimited for everything else.

THANKS MAJOR.

ARE THERE ANY RULES FOR COMMAND VEHICLES? I NOTICED THAT EVERYONE TENDS TO PUT THE "301" OR "302" NUMBERS ON THE AXIS WALKERS, AND THE 0 IN THE MIDDLE DENOTES A COMMAND VEHICLE.

No rules for command vehicles yet, and everybody has that number as thats how the walkers come, already has number stuck on.

Well, the "0" in the middle of the 3 numbers denotes a command vehicle. I am going to repaint mine to be a 5 walker unit with the correct numbers. I still think there should be a command vehicle rule of some sort.

What about the rarity of Special Ops units? How any can you have?

No limit at all, only command and named heroes are limited.

Unit limits are based on type (Hero, Command), price (what can you afford) and availability (what do you own).

Obviously, right now, I can only field on unit of Laser Grenediers, as I only own one unit.

There is no true limit. Only what you want and how you balance your force yourself.

Can you add a Spotter to any unit you wish, and receive the Spotter Ability? Or is that on only a few select units?

Grand Inquisitor Fulminarex said:

Can you add a Spotter to any unit you wish, and receive the Spotter Ability? Or is that on only a few select units?

No, spotters operate on their own. So far the only spotter we have is that in the Sniper 2-men squads. (or are you talking about artillery observers?). You could only add an Armor 2 Hero to the Sniper squad so that the Hero could benefit from the spotter's ability, but that's it.

Yea I was thinking about that add rosie to the squad and stick them in cover. When a tank comes by bye bye tank. Also nice trick I heard to do is put them in front of your men on a crate tile and they block los to from other infantry