Miskatonic Horror reporting question for Tibs

By Solan, in Arkham Horror Second Edition

Hi, Tibs! I just had a FANTASTIC game with the new Miskatonic Horror (details of which I'll post later), but since the form doesn't yet have spaces for MH or one of the Rumors I failed, I presume you want me to wait to report until you're able to update the form?

Great to hear! I am very excited about receiving my copy.

But, clearly, I can't update it until I get my copy or someone tells me the information I need. Essentially all I truly need at this point are the names of the new rumors, but I know how wary some players are of "spoiling" new stuff.

If you don't mind, you could post them here or to my email: [email protected]

I also would like a couple other bits of information (mostly to update my "thematic starting items" document), if you could. If not, certainly no big deal.

Looking forward to the detailed report!

Tibs said:

But, clearly, I can't update it until I get my copy or someone tells me the information I need. Essentially all I truly need at this point are the names of the new rumors, but I know how wary some players are of "spoiling" new stuff.

I also would like a couple other bits of information (mostly to update my "thematic starting items" document), if you could. If not, certainly no big deal.

I am one of the players wary about spoiling the new stuff, but if all you need is the names of the new Rumors I could probably find those whithout looking at the rest of the card and post them after our game tomorrow, assuming no one beats me to it (hint,hint).

I have emailed Tibs the names of the new rumors, so no need to post them here or bombard Tibs with emails. You may not want to have high hopes for the new rumors, based on the one we have encountered so far.

Tibs said:

My bro has e-mailed you the names of the Rumors. As far as thematic starting items go, I can tell you that I've looked at both the Black Goat and Lurker-specific Skills and I found them to be impressively thematic!

The BGotW Skill is "Initiate: When you receive the card, draw a "One of the Thousand" Cult Membership if you do not already have one. When you draw a Cult Encounter card, draw an additional Cult Encounter card, choose one to resolve, and discard the other."

The Lurker one is "Clairvoyant: Any phase: When making a check to close a gate, you may exhaust this card to reroll all dice showing a 1. Upkeep: This card does not refresh unless you spend all of your focus to do so."

I have just seen the email and have updated the stats page. Submit away!

Those skills look awesome. Now I'm even more excited to get the expansion. I knew they'd be expansion-themed (seven seemed like no coincidence)...

Solan said:

The BGotW Skill is "Initiate: When you receive the card, draw a "One of the Thousand" Cult Membership if you do not already have one. When you draw a Cult Encounter card, draw an additional Cult Encounter card, choose one to resolve, and discard the other."

The Lurker skill is nice... But I *love* this. I can't wait to get my tentacles on my Miskatonic!

Just be wary of Lola stumbling across the Egyptologist skill...

Q. How does the new University Expeditions institute work?

Tibs said:

Okay, I'm dying to know what the other expansion skills do! Can anyone share?

squad said:

Tibs said:

Black Goat
Initiate
Gin One with the Cult
When you draw a cult encounter, draw an addition and choose one to resolve.

Lurker
Clairvoyant
Any phase when making a check to close a gate, you may exhaust this skill to reroll all (1)s rolled
Upkeep this card doesn't refresh unless you spend all focus

Pharaoh
Egyptoligist
Draw an exhibit item
Gain +1 on skill checks when resolving an exhibit encounter (only apllies to checks on the card)

King in Yella'
Performer
If act 1 card is in play, you may exhaust this card to gain +1 on any skill check
or
If act 2 is in play, you may exhaust this card to gain +2

Curator said:

squad said:

Tibs said:

...Skills!...

Many thanks!

I see what Tibs meant about Lola - an exhibit item every other turn!

Thank you thank you thank you, Curator !

Tibs said:

Thank you thank you thank you, Curator !

lengua.gif

Jake yet again said:

Q. How does the new University Expeditions institute work?

I'll add my voice to those who are curious how this and the Bureau work.

University Expeditions basically allow you to pay trophies to create "free" (1 movement point) travel points between the science building and the other boards' street areas. Once they are placed they can't be moved, and you get 1 expedition per expansion map. It also gives you an "Education," which gives you a couple advantages that I don't have immediately handy, and it allows you to spend trophies to search for tomes.

Bureau of Investigations lets you place investigator tokens in a street area in exchange for clues. If a monster is in the same area as agents (it doesn't specify the definition of area, but I think it means street due to the wording of how you place tokens), you compare the # of agents to the monster's toughness. If it is higher, the monster goes back to the monster cup. Either way, remove an agent from the pile. So basically it lets you spend clue tokens to safeguard street areas.
The other ability lets you "save" an ally that is about to be sent to the box, by placing it next to an expansion board (1:1 ratio on saved cards and expansion boards). You can then gain that ally by spending 5 clue tokens if you are on that board.

Both have really nice advantages, but are -expensive- to use.

Thanks! One final question. What are the five new Exhibit Items called?

Sounds great. Where is the AH Wiki with some scans/info? There's nothing but spam being added there lately... I'm traveling until August (with MH and COTDPR waiting on my doorstep) and it's driving me crazy not to see some of this stuff in more detail.

I've got the information I need but my game site is sill listing the expansions as "not available."

:(