Tourney of Stahleck 2011 (18-20 nov) - discussion thread

By thorondor, in 1. AGoT General Discussion

i have started to announce the next Tourney of Stahleck.

there is a thread with all the information in the Organized Play section:

www.fantasyflightgames.com/edge_foros_discusion.asp

there i iwll keep up to date all the information.

but since this subforum is not frequented a lot, i also start a discussion thread here.

so if you got questions, would like to propose some improvements, just say "hi, i will be there!" or whatever, feel free to use this thread here.

I and the wife can't wait to be there, last year it was great but this year it sounds epic (more than 100 players? Wow!)

we will be more than 100 for sure... from our side we will double last year italian players ;-)

Ps already booked a room... organizing for the second one ;-)

Thx thorondor to make this possible also this year

Make sure to keep track of the tourney statistics as close as you can. I'll create a Thrones Times issue that prominently features the tournament.

One of these years, I'll actually have to make it there too!

Hi, I will be there!

So excited...

Just great.

This year definitely more players from Poland are coming to Stahleck. We already started to gather our host ;) can't wait :)

Wish I could be there. Perhaps next year. Mad props though for organizing an event of this magnitude.

I´ll be there too. Probably not on friday but definetely on saturday/ sunday.

By the way if we should play a classic highlander again, i´m going to start the petition "ban the brothers agenda for the format." I think the experience from the last two years showed that the brothers agenda is just over the top compared to other builds.

Twn2dn said:

One of these years, I'll actually have to make it there too!

As a slight sidetrack, I have very very tentative plans to go to Stahleck 2012. As someone who loves this game, loves Germany, and speaks enough to get by (thanks German minor!) I think it would be a real blast. I'd be willing to organize a group of us heading over if that would be of interest.

Shenanigans said:

As someone who loves this game, loves Germany, and speaks enough to get by (thanks German minor!)

Beware. The people from Rheinland- Pfalz ( especially Mainz ) have their own tongue and dialects. Never ever say the word" Alaaaf" at carnival time in Mainz, because you heard people in Cologne saying this word. ;-)

Shenanigans said:

As a slight sidetrack, I have very very tentative plans to go to Stahleck 2012. As someone who loves this game, loves Germany, and speaks enough to get by (thanks German minor!) I think it would be a real blast. I'd be willing to organize a group of us heading over if that would be of interest.

That would be incredible. I think I just found a new target for my discretionary income for the next 16 months.

I couldn't make it in 2010, but unless something unexpected comes up, I'll be there this time again.

And then I will lose every game, since I haven't really played much for almost two years now. :)

morbiczer said:

I couldn't make it in 2010, but unless something unexpected comes up, I'll be there this time again.

And then I will lose every game, since I haven't really played much for almost two years now. :)

Why are you so negative about the outcome of your games. ~ I mean the games we played lately were very promising, don´t you think so ?! ;-)

Seriously, good to have you at Stahleck this year again.