About Raven Card

By Tiny White 2, in 2. AGoT Rules Discussion

Tin Link

Item, Chain Setup. Maester character only. Response: After attached character kneels, choose and discard 1 non-Chain attachment from play. (Limit once per phase)

Copper Link

Item, Chain Setup. Maester character only. Response: After attached character kneels, choose 1 card in play. Until the end of the phase, that card gains 1 trait of your choice. (Limit once per phase).

White Raven
Raven, Creature Immune to non-raven cards. Attach White Raven to your House card and discard all other Raven attachments from play. It is Winter. Each player takes 1 less gold token when he or she counts income.

The question is: I have Tin link and Copper Link on one of my maester char. When the char is knelt, Can I response the Copper link to get a Raven trait to the Tin link and response the Tin link to discard the White Raven from Play?

Many Thanks!

I don't see what would be stopping you :)

Don't you think it's so weird...

Not at all. :)

This game is all about being tricky and doing unexpected things. :-)

You can also use ill tidings to get rid of white/black ravens, right?

They are "Raven" events, so the attachments are not immune.

One of my meta-mates has been using this combo... it makes me rethink playing a Season at all right now.

The Key Point is: The Maester Decks can easily control the seasons. If they play the White Raven and the opponent play the Black Raven. They can easily discard the Black Raven and get their White Raven back into play from the discard pile through Bronze Link and Pale Steel Link. The Season Players will totally freak out about this!

Very thematic, though. It is the Maesters that send the White Ravens out from the Citadel, after all.

ktom said:

Very thematic, though. It is the Maesters that send the White Ravens out from the Citadel, after all.

~Yeah, because I really loved it in the books when the likes of Robert Baratheon put on his chains and sent away all those Ravens or called people "Raven" and then sent birds to attack them.

~ Hey, Robert went to Oldtown and earned that Apprentice Collar!

schrecklich said:

~ Hey, Robert went to Oldtown and earned that Apprentice Collar!

Or at least shagged an Oldtown ***** while "making the 8"....