Any new "surprise" products to be announced at Gen Con?

By Iorniem, in Fantasy Flight Games Gen Con Experience

I was wondering whether the good folks of FFG are keeping to themselves some unannounced or secret new products to be unleashed at Gen Con? It seems there is no buzz or chatter about surprise products... but surprises should be surprising! Unexpected announcements would be nice to look forward to? What do you people think?

Maybe, but last year in the week leading up to GC they announced all the new stuff on the website. The year before, they were updating the site as they were announced at the Con. Either way, I'm sure they have new stuff ready for a big premiere.

Since they have a new link for X-Wing & Star Wars: The Card Game, I think it's safe to assume that FFG has some Star Wars mojo planned for the future.

hoping for early releases of tanhauser and dust tactics products.

I hope for new Warhammer board game: RELIC.

Relic would be cool. I kind of liked the announcements as the convention went on instead of all on the site leading up to it - even though I'm not going to be able to go this year.

I think an expansion for Elder Sign would be cool

I hope to see the new Rune Age expansion "Oath and Anvil" available for purchase or at the very least a playable demo. I've been waiting for this expansion since the first time I played Rune Age. I also expect to see a lot more info on the new Hobbit deluxe expansion for the LotR:LCG. I doubt it will be ready to sell, but they might have a playable demo table. As for totally new stuff…. I think we'll hear an announcement about something else "Hobbit" related. FFG has done well with their LotR licenses and with the two movies coming out I think they'd want to capitalize on that.

Would really love a surprise Blood Bowl: Team Manager expansion. The community has been crying for more teams since this excellent game was released, and there's literally been no news at all from FFG apart from releasing a FAQ.

We're actually hoping they announce some more board games from the Avalon Hill license they acquired from WotC. Oh, how I'd love to see the original Civilization and Age of Renaissance back in print,.

Borderlands is their surprise product, though not really a surprise to me. It is the third of three titles licensed from Eon Games, the first two being Cosmic Encounter and Dune (now known as Rex). The classic was original and very strategic but with a few weird and hard to explain rules (namely the different types of shipment). The theme seems to be changed, but I can't tell from the picture if it's being assimilated in a different franchise as Twilight Dune was.

The Gamers Den said:

We're actually hoping they announce some more board games from the Avalon Hill license they acquired from WotC. Oh, how I'd love to see the original Civilization and Age of Renaissance back in print,.

Seconded on almost everything :-) Plus, I'd really appreciate announcements of coming expansions for Wiz-war, Elder Signs, Gears of War and Blood Bowl

Am I the only one who noticed a box art of "Game of Thrones" (with FFG + HBO logos on it) next to Mansions of Madness new expansion in FFG's Day 3 Gen Con video on youtube?

00:38

There is also a yummy Heirs of Numenor deluxe expansion for the LotR LCG babeo.gif