Can I please make an art suggestion?

By pulsar3, in Dust

Just talked my cousin into getting this to play with his kids (my little cousins, or second cousins, or once-removed, whatever, 12 and 10 years old) and I felt like a schmuck walking in there with them. His wife took one look at the box and as the kids opened it I stood mortified by the impression I was probably making bringing so much cleavage into the house. This is a blast of a game (the Premium, not the Epic, y a w n). Could you guys at least consider reprinting it without so much skin on the top and bottom of the box? I am seriously going to take the components and put them in a different box. I'm all for sexy busty shorthaired killers, but I think it actually detracts from the saleability of the game. No, I know it does.

Pulsar said:

I'm all for sexy busty shorthaired killers, but I think it actually detracts from the saleability of the game. No, I know it does.

Wow... What fantasy world do you live in? Sounds boring, and far removed from real life.

Really though, how do sexily portrayed women detract from the "saleability" of anything? You should have known better before recommending a game like this to someone with young children. Stop trying to pass off your mistake onto the designers and take responsibility for your own poor decision. Actually, here's a suggestion... Stop coddling children. The more you "protect" them from sexuality the more they're going to be confused, befuddled, and frustrated once reality finally comes oozing into their life. Sex sells because it's integral to human nature. It's part of what makes us human. Stop trying to change that with moral crusades of decency and indigent righteousness. Or, again.. you could be an adult and take responsibility for your actions.

Streven, no need to be rude here. I don't see how you have the right to tell others how to bring up their own kids or nephews. You have your own way of bringing up children (ie, if you have any in the first place) and others have their own ways. Let's just stick to that basic respect without insulting others, will you? Pulsar is addressing this to FFG, so be it.

Do they even make this anymore?

They are reprinting it look at the Upcoming section but i doubt its for the cleavage.

and Streven dude this guy was trying to make honest suggestion. I respect him for it. Some people are good christian like folk (not saying you guys are Pulsar) who like to have certain things not taught to their kid(s). There are some ways to control what your kids watch surf or look at. I mean you don't let a kid in a rate R movie or play a rate M game b/c it might persuade them to do this in real life. Same goes for board games.

As for Pulsar, I would have done some research I mean my cousin when we were little couldn't play magic cards bc his parent felt it was too revealing and nonchristian so I was force to switch to Star Wars.

arkangl said:

There are some ways to control what your kids watch surf or look at. I mean you don't let a kid in a rate R movie or play a rate M game b/c it might persuade them to do this in real life. Same goes for board games.

Agreed, which is why I said: "You should have known better before recommending a game like this to someone with young children. Stop trying to pass off your mistake onto the designers and take responsibility for your own poor decision.". He's essentially blaming FFG by stating that having cleavage on the box "detracts from the saleability of the game". Using your analogy, it's like taking your 10 year old kid to watch a film like Planet Terror, knowing full well there's going to be sexual themes and violence in the movie, and then go shooting off a "suggestion" to Robert Rodriguez that the subject matter of his horror b-film detracts from sales. Pulsar made the choice to put this game in the presence of children. My little tirade against coddling children aside, he should have known better in the first place, and trying to shame FFG by suggesting that the box art hurts sales is simply the wrong route to take here.

Streven said:

arkangl said:

There are some ways to control what your kids watch surf or look at. I mean you don't let a kid in a rate R movie or play a rate M game b/c it might persuade them to do this in real life. Same goes for board games.

Agreed, which is why I said: "You should have known better before recommending a game like this to someone with young children. Stop trying to pass off your mistake onto the designers and take responsibility for your own poor decision.". He's essentially blaming FFG by stating that having cleavage on the box "detracts from the saleability of the game". Using your analogy, it's like taking your 10 year old kid to watch a film like Planet Terror, knowing full well there's going to be sexual themes and violence in the movie, and then go shooting off a "suggestion" to Robert Rodriguez that the subject matter of his horror b-film detracts from sales. Pulsar made the choice to put this game in the presence of children. My little tirade against coddling children aside, he should have known better in the first place, and trying to shame FFG by suggesting that the box art hurts sales is simply the wrong route to take here.

Yes, but on the other hand, Planet Terror and R rated films are part of that story/setting/theme. Gore, nudity, violence, bad actiong, horrible writing, bad directing, (Planet Terror is god aweful....LOL) anyway, I digress.

The real point is, the artwork on the cover of the game and on the cards really has nothing to do with the game play or style of game it is.

It would be the same as putting half naked girls on the box cover of Axis and Allies? Why do it other then to have half naked girls on the cover?

A more streamlined, clevageless cover may open the market for the game some other then restrict its use by others. Yes, I dont think we have a right to thrust our own judgement of morality on a company, but really, do boobies make the game work or play better? Or are they there cause we like the art?

This art is from Dust comic. It is part of Dust universe, its like removing naked women from Conan. Dust os known for silicon women with huge breaths...

This is one of the most ridiculous threads I have ever seen at FFG. How dare someone try and force their own, imo, bizarre and backward values upon other people. If you do not like something, then it is your right to ignore it, NOT to change it.