Would you say there is room for more expansions?

By bitva, in Tribune

Does this game seem to be unexpandable beyond the new expansion, or is there still room for more ideas in this game? I have to say, Tribune: Expansion is the most unimaginative title for an expansion I've heard, and seems to suggest finality.

Being that Fantasy Flight is selling off their Tribune inventory in the holiday sale, I would say that there will not be any future expansions. I'm sure more could be made, but there just doesn't seem to be much interest.

bitva said:

Does this game seem to be unexpandable beyond the new expansion, or is there still room for more ideas in this game? I have to say, Tribune: Expansion is the most unimaginative title for an expansion I've heard, and seems to suggest finality.

There is always room for more ideas, but I agree that the name does suggest finality. I dont think the original designer has desinged anything else that I have heard for the game.

A lack of future expansions isnt a bad thing either. Its nice to know a game is complete and can play it as such without the expectation that more will follow such as arkham horror.

Hellfury said:

bitva said:

There is always room for more ideas, but I agree that the name does suggest finality. I dont think the original designer has desinged anything else that I have heard for the game.

Indeed, but yes. sometimes a boardgame have reached its potential where adding further expansions only will ruin the game mechanics.

A lack of future expansions isnt a bad thing either. Its nice to know a game is complete and can play it as such without the expectation that more will follow such as arkham horror.

yeah, and not to mention that limitless expansions in the end adds very little to gameplay