Expansions

By Anathemus, in Citadels

Being a big fan of Citadels for a long Time I am wondering if FF will ever release a new Expansion, I would definitely buy it, Would like to see new buildings and a few characters and maybe a new game mechanic!

I'm going to have to second this :)

Citadels is a favorite with my gaming group, and we'd love to see more. Not sure what kind of mechanic would be neat to include. Maybe a community building in the center that you earn extra points for contributing to?

I bought Citadels a long time ago and then later bought an expansion (I think it was called "Dark City"). Are the two now combined in the newest Citadels box?

I very much like the idea of having a community area! The buildings are useable by every player (maybe for a fee?). The flip side is you get more points for creating them.

Mike_Evans said:

I bought Citadels a long time ago and then later bought an expansion (I think it was called "Dark City"). Are the two now combined in the newest Citadels box?

I very much like the idea of having a community area! The buildings are useable by every player (maybe for a fee?). The flip side is you get more points for creating them.

Yes would be a great Idea and Yes, Dark City is already included on this release! I bought the newest release, all components are great :)

Mike_Evans said:

The box I bought about 1.5 years ago included Dark City.

Bill

Ah, a new expansion would be great!

How about:

- a 6 gold bank, which allows you to foreclose another player's district and either sell it for cash or purchase it for addition to your own city?

- a 6 gold alchemist's shop, which prevents the thief from targeting the owner's gold? Instead of stealing from his intended victim, the thief steals from the bank, since the owner can make gold using the alchemist lab.

- a 6 gold royal guardsmen barracks, which stops an assassination three times during the game, with a progressive cost of 1-2-3 gold? Costs more to hire loyal guardsmen.

A new mechanic would be good. Maybe a new card type that you can play. I'd be in for one!

IMO an addon would make sense if it contained some new type of district. i can't actually imagine a new game mechanics :)

I don't know that I would buy an expansion. It would have to be a really good one.

As it is, I don't see a need for more districts or more characters. Any new mechanics would have to be good, yet not different enough that the feel of the game changes.

With those as qualifications, I don't think FFG will be able to get anything out soon that I would like. gui%C3%B1o.gif

I reckon you could quite easily introduce a new colour and characters to go with it. The new characters could all replace 3 or 7.

If memory serves correcetly, we currently have Red for Military, Green for Trade, Blue for Religion, Yellow for Politics and Purple as Wild Cards. Well what about White for Residential? Or Brown for entertainment buildings like a colloseum or wrestling ring? You could have an Actor who could pretend to be one of the other characters who wasn't in play on that turn, for example ...

There's lots of potential for more! :-)

Stenun said:

I reckon you could quite easily introduce a new colour and characters to go with it. The new characters could all replace 3 or 7.

If memory serves correcetly, we currently have Red for Military, Green for Trade, Blue for Religion, Yellow for Politics and Purple as Wild Cards. Well what about White for Residential? Or Brown for entertainment buildings like a colloseum or wrestling ring? You could have an Actor who could pretend to be one of the other characters who wasn't in play on that turn, for example ...

I agree at all

Stenun said:

It´s a fantastic idea !!!! But I think that FFG no plans to make more expansions. Excuse me if a write badly, I´m Spanish and my english is not good preocupado.gif

For me, It was already a good game but if an expansion is released. I'll going to buy it anyway. ^^

The main point that we have to take in consideration is if we wanna keep the ol'favorite Citadel the way it is (with maybe a new set of characters from 1-9,some new purple districts and/or a new colour district) or give it a new twist.

A board to play on

New Mechanics that will take the game in to a new level

Personally i prefer both. The more choices i have with a game i love the better.Let's bring a new expansions with 2-3 new variants to choose from.

I'd be okay with a set that brings out new character cards, and has a set of dragon shields shaped to fit the cards properly.

I'd like a new character set. I liked that some of the characters of the Dark City expansion were interchangable, so another character set would bring even more variety.

I want bildings that can do more things!

You could also offset powerful buildings with negative points (ie, costs 6 to build, but only worth 3 or 4 in the scoring). Mayfair's Toledo has a similar mechanic, where you can buy the additional movement tile, but if you still have it at the end of the game, your score is reduced by 2.

Anathemus said:

Being a big fan of Citadels for a long Time I am wondering if FF will ever release a new Expansion, I would definitely buy it, Would like to see new buildings and a few characters and maybe a new game mechanic!

Seconded.

Citadels is a wonderful game ... but it does seem to have great potential for at least one more small expansion.

I think we should contact Bruno Faidutti about it, if there really is a demand/market for another xpansion.

I have no expansion in the works, and prefer now to work on other games. This may change if I happen to have a fabulous idea for a Citadels expansion, but I hadn't in the last few years and I don't think it will change.

On the other hand, I have nothing against expansions made by other people, if FFG (and Hig, and Ubik…) is interested. All I want is to have a look at them before and give my agreement. I will if I think they are both interesting and true to the original idea of the game. This means, among other restrictions, that I don't want the kind of "expansions" that make the game much more complex and strategic. The only ones I've been shown by other designers so far were of this kind, and I want Citadels to stay a light and nasty bluffing game.

Hey, I have played the game many many times, but never played even with the first expansion, I heard about it but actually never bought. How is the game with the expansion?

I like the purple buildings in the Dark City expansion which opened some extra ways to score points. I wouldn't mind adding in a few more cards in that direction.

Hmm, not sure if Id want an expansion....another Citadels game using the same basic mechanics but designed from the ground up would be good but expanding always has the chance of throwing the balance out.