Manual for both expansions state “includes plastic stands”

By oldtimer, in Arkham Horror

Hi, I just got my dark waters expansion. In the manual it says it comes with stands for the new investigators. My box had no stands. I checked my other expansion (dead of night). Same problem.

So, I go to customer service to do a part request. And discover the company has changed its policy as of feb 2020 where I can no longer just request for missing parts and would have to return the entire game.............

wow. I’m very sad that one of the things I use to highly regard as proof this company was the best has now disappeared. Not only that, but replacing the entire box would not solve my issue since I’ll bet they all are missing the stands...

So I’m just writing this, just so you are aware that your rule books need to remove the text stating it has stands if the expansions aren’t including them.

My copy of Dead of Night came with four stands, but my copy of Dark Waters had none. I guess to save costs, FFG decided not to place plastic stands in expansions. Instead, you have to swap out investigators from expansions with the core game's plastic stands.