Would you buy/support if Star Wars CCG returned?

By Rick IsLitFam, in Star Wars: The Card Game

Hi all,

Another disappointing GenCon for Star Wars LCG/CCG fans. I truly had hope we would see a new Star Wars card game announced. Alas, FFG had other plans.

It has pained me for so long why the Decipher Star Wars CCG has not returned. Frankly, it makes absolutely no sense why FFG refuses to bring this game back.

There is still a thriving community who would euphorically support a Star Wars CCG return. This was reinforced when the Star Wars Players Committee (Who have run the CCG since 2001) offered to lead ALL development for FFG several years back, and FFG said no.

Many who played this game would return, and brand new players would join.

The question is, would YOU join? And what would it take to get this game back?

I long for the day when FFG realizes the answer to their failed attempts at Star Wars card games has been right in front of them for years.

While I am very nastalgic for the CCG, my head to head days are over. I’m fully in the coop camp. And I am making my own SW coop since no one else will do it. Haha.

In my heart the Decipher CCG was the best game ever made. I still own my collection in binders and boxes

On 8/6/2020 at 8:59 AM, Ywingscum said:

While I am very nastalgic for the CCG, my head to head days are over. I’m fully in the coop camp. And I am making my own SW coop since no one else will do it. Haha.

In my heart the Decipher CCG was the best game ever made. I still own my collection in binders and boxes

I have to agree. I played the Decipher Star Trek CCG and some of the Star Wars CCG and I think both games were/are great, but my days of buying packs and chasing after cards are long behind me and I have no interest in the money sink that CCGs were. I enjoy and appreciate the LCG model and I adore the cooperative games of LOTR, AH, and MC. That is now my bread and butter.

If the rules are quick and easy. And I can play Empire/Sith yes.
If it's just LS coop then no.

Desipher ccg rules Are long and hard. But you can play Empire/sith ;)

I remember Decipher's game. Had a deck or 2 as a kid.
Fun game!

I would definitely be all in. I was just looking at some of the cards the other day and noticed that Darth Vader was know as a "Dark Jedi" because Sith was not a thing yet. So much has changed in the Star Wars universe. This was the best game ever created.

As much as I love the Decipher CCG and still enjoy my collection, I too am done with the CCG model and how much of a money sink it is. I love the LCG model, and would love to see a coop Star Wars LCG, but I also recognize that people want to play both light and dark, and that Star Wars is defined by the battle/balance between light and dark.

Like @Ywingscum I have been working on my own game design, but it's in very rough stages. Trying to base it on the Warhammer 40k Conquest LCG rules to keep it straightforward but deep, and make it flexible enough to play both head to head and coop with either affiliation. If anyone wants to chat more, hit me up on Discord at CamMitchell, since these forums are shutting down soon.