A surprise, but a welcome one

By General_Grievous, in X-Men: Mutant Insurrection

Well this game seemingly came out of nowhere. I was hoping for X-Men in Champions to convince me to buy into that game (that or the Punisher if you are listening FFG!) but this is a pleasant surprise in the meantime.

As someone who loved Elder Signs for the simplicity and quicker game time (faster games get played more! Not everything has to be epic!) this looks like a similar showing. Also solo/cooperative are great these days when it’s harder to get a games group together. Also the art is bang on too and that’s a consolation because normally I’m not a big standee guy but it works here (but if you guys wanted to put out a miniature upgrade pack... just saying...). Character selection is about the only thing I’m sad about, because I haven’t seen Nightcrawler yet.

TLDR:

Pros:

-Coop/Solo huge plus

-Elder signs re-skin is a good idea

-X-Men rock and the art is slick

Cons

-we need a miniature pack

-where is Nightcrawler???

Trying to be excited. Elder Sign (which I already own) with X-Men. Not sure it is different enough to have both, especially since Elder Sign is not quite on my favorites list?

I haven't played Elder Sign, but I think this could be a lot of fun, as long as there is still some good strategy and need to work together. The shorter playtime is definitely a plus for me, as well as the fact that it goes up to 6 players. Being limited to 4 or even 5 players prevents a lot of gamers form getting played regularly around my house. Also nothing captures the feel of X-Men like a whole team of people fighting the bad guy!

I liked Elder Sign so much on digital, I picked up the base, physical game. I'd love an X-men skin of it. I'm not seeing what represents items and such to mitigate dice rolls....but I'm sure it is there.

On 7/31/2020 at 10:29 AM, JZWINK said:

I liked Elder Sign so much on digital, I picked up the base, physical game. I'd love an X-men skin of it. I'm not seeing what represents items and such to mitigate dice rolls....but I'm sure it is there.

I think I read something about characters/allies you pick up giving you benefits.