This is a little pet project of mine that I've been belting away at on and off for the last six or so months. It started as an expansion of the excellent Fallout Genesys theme by GM Phil , but quickly grew to something much, much bigger. While I did build from the core of Phil's work, I have considerably expanded on it in a number of ways. The result was that I wound up splitting it into five different files.
The "core" file which should be everything you need to play. This covers the following areas:
- World Background (As a guide to newcomers to the series)
- Character Creation
- New Rules (Radiation, Power Armour and Chems)
- Basic equipment, including weapons, armour, chems and more.
This is intended to be a stand-alone file; all you need to play is this and the Genesys core rulebook. The other two files are optional but can be used to give your game more options and flavour.
The first "spin off" file, this one is an attempt to create a reasonably definitive collection of equipment from across the Fallout universe (without cluttering up the main file too much). It includes:
- Power Armour
- Weapon and other Equipment Modification
This file is still a work in progress. While it is largely complete, there are still a few items that I haven't yet written up (largely because I haven't figured values for them or haven't yet figured the mechanics).
The third file, this one provides summaries of a number of factions within the Fallout world as a tool for both GMs and players. For each faction it includes:
- A brief history and background of that faction
- Character creation for that faction, including new character options where applicable
- New equipment appropriate to each faction
- Sample characters for each faction
The third spin-off file is a collection of Adversaries for use with the Fallout setting. It includes:
- Assorted creatures
- Various typical NPCs such as Raiders and Mercenaries
- Modifications for creatures to give them additional abilities
Finally, this file contains a collection of more faction specific Adversaries, based on various groups from the Fallout world. It includes:
- A brief background for each group
- Sample members of that group
- Suggestions for using existing NPCs with different groups
The first optional rules expansion, this file contains rules for adding Cybernetics from the Fallout world. Includes:
- Rules for various Cybernetic augmentations
- A guide to who possesses and can provide such implants
- A full themed factional write-up
As said, this is very much a work in progress. I appreciate any feedback and constructive criticism.Edited by Deadborder