What's coming next? つ ◕◕ ༽つ Summon New Announcement ! つ ◕◕ ༽つ

By Odanan, in X-Wing

What do you think about the Clone Z95 in the medium base? It would look something like this:

dd4iriv-6aa2a323-2d3b-430d-9a48-ead29534

My bet for Wave 6:

REPUBLIC: (new) Low Altitude Assault Transport/infantry (LAAT/i) - maybe in their "space" variant.

SEPARATISTS: Jango's Slave 1

SCUM: some re-release (or none, since they got 2 ships in the last wave) - maybe Starviper?

EMPIRE: TIE Interceptor or TIE Bomber

REBELS: A-Wing (or none, since they got 2 ships in wave 5)

RESISTANCE: (new) T-85 X-Wing

FIRST ORDER: (new) red First Order TIE Interceptor

Edited by Odanan
On 4/13/2019 at 11:03 PM, Odanan said:

What do you think about the Clone Z95 in the medium base? It would look something like this:

dd4iriv-6aa2a323-2d3b-430d-9a48-ead29534

Nah, not big enough for a medium base. If Republic Z95 was medium I think Republic Y-Wing would be too.

Looks nice there though doesn't it. Is that a still from the cartoon?

On 4/13/2019 at 5:21 PM, Odanan said:

REPUBLIC: (new) Low Altitude Assault Transport  /infantry (LAAT/i) - maybe in their "space" vari  an  t.  

I was hoping for this before the Y-wing, so here's hoping it's next. A bunch of the other wave 5 picks surprised me so I honestly am not sure what my other guesses would be at this point.

I suppose we need to start trying to summon those wave 4 previews now. Let the chanting commence!

8 hours ago, mazz0 said:

Looks nice there though doesn't it. Is that a still from the cartoon?

It's a 3d printed mini from Shapeways. Not mine, unfortunately.

Original list is missing:

• FO TIE Interceptor from EP IX Retail Poster

• FO TIE Bomber from Resistance poster

• Dr Aphra's Ark Angel for scum

Edited by ClassicalMoser
Just now, ClassicalMoser said:

Original list is missing:

• FO TIE Interceptor from EP IX Retail Poster

Too little information on that one.

• FO TIE Bomber from Resistance poster 

I didn't find this image. Can anyone share, please?

• Dr Aphra's Ark Angel for scum

This is one of the most ungainly and ugly designs in the Star Wars universe (counting Legends).

Edited by Odanan
Just now, Odanan said:

Too little information on that one.

I didn't find this image.

This is one of the most ungainly and ugly designs in the Star Wars universe (counting Legends).

Agreed on 1st and 3rd counts, but they'll still inevitably be coming within a year or two. We have Aphra's bots; we're definitely getting her ship.

https://starwars.fandom.com/f/p/3343172654596263434/r/3344233352136394678

Scroll down into the comments. FO Bomber is by the head of the girl on the lower right. Much like the TIE/sa but with the wings bent outwards instead. Kind of a cool design.

1 hour ago, ClassicalMoser said:

Scroll down into the comments. FO Bomber is by the head of the girl on the lower right. Much like the TIE/sa but with the wings bent outwards instead. Kind of a cool design.

Thanks! Here it is:

9b8a53f2-3f50-4dbc-aa1f-0c6e253ee431

Hey, this Bomber is exactly like the original TIE Shuttle from the ESB :

TIEShuttle-ESBHD.jpg

Edited by Odanan
8 hours ago, Odanan said:

Thanks! Here it is:

9b8a53f2-3f50-4dbc-aa1f-0c6e253ee431

Hey, this Bomber is exactly like the original TIE Shuttle from the ESB :

TIEShuttle-ESBHD.jpg

Nobody's pointed out the new X-Wing. Why has nobody pointed out the new X-Wing?

unknown.png

This is no T-65. It's no T-70. It's certainly no T-85. So that only leaves a few possibilities.

T-75, T-80, T-90.

And given it does have scissor wings, but curiously no apparent lower guns... Well it's post-T-70, but past that geez I really can't begin to say.

3 hours ago, Captain Lackwit said:

unknown.png

This is no T-65. It's no T-70. It's certainly no T-85. So that only leaves a few possibilities.

T-75, T-80, T-90.

And given it does have scissor wings, but curiously no apparent lower guns... Well it's post-T-70, but past that geez I really can't begin to say.

Maybe it was intended to be T-85s? The only difference is the nose.

8 hours ago, Captain Lackwit said:

unknown.png

T-75, T-80, T-90.

Pretty sure it’s a T-70. The show depicts all X-Wings opening crazy wide.

Unless I’m missing details that definitively say it can’t be that is...

12 hours ago, Odanan said:

Maybe it was intended to be T-85s? The only difference is the nose.

And the wings. And the scale of the thrusters. And the canopy. And no bottom guns.

13 hours ago, Captain Lackwit said:

And the wings. And the scale of the thrusters. And the canopy. And no bottom guns.

Maybe it's the artist's fault. The other ships in the background look really like the T-70.

18 hours ago, Odanan said:

Maybe it's the artist's fault. The other ships in the background look really like the T-70.

these are 3D models

On 4/23/2019 at 12:28 AM, Captain Lackwit said:

unknown.png

T-75, T-80, T-90.

The first time I saw it i just assumed the picture quality was bad or i was tired. Now though I am seeing a few differences that you pointed out.

Not sure but that one bottom wing looks like it has pods maybe, missle launchers?

2 hours ago, Captain Lackwit said:

these are 3D models

In the episodes, yes. In this poster, it looks regular 2d art.

6 hours ago, Odanan said:

In the episodes, yes. In this poster, it looks regular 2d art.

Well, there's no further statement to be said here. I mean, it's obvious that they... No, no it's not obvious.

Forum makes me very sad sometimes.

I'd say it looks very clearly like 2D art either referenced from or tracing over a screen shot of 3D models. Zooming in on all the X-Wings several of them have 'missing' guns on different wings with no consistency (only missing top left, only missing bottom left, etc.) Pretty sure these are simply artifacts of this method and the small scale, and that they're just supposed to be T70s.

Edited by rawbean
24 minutes ago, rawbean said:

I'd say it looks very clearly like hand-painted art either referenced from or tracing over a screen shot of 3d models. Zooming in on all the X-Wings several of them have 'missing' guns on different wings with no consistency (only missing top left, only missing bottom left, etc.) Pretty sure these are simply artifacts of this method and the small scale, and that they're just supposed to be T70s.

This.

Padmes royal transport and a CIS Slave 1.

Then Tie Reapers and Wookie ships because FFG is focusing on releasing Disney canon ships first.

Im also going to predict a young Anakin Skywalker crew card that has one regenerative force and gives a purple slam. It will be large ship only and the flavor text will be "now this is pod racing".

Big announcement in 2 days? (May the 4th)

I'm hoping for Epic.

4 hours ago, Odanan said:

Big announcement in 2 days? (May the 4th)

I'm hoping for Epic.

And CARD PACKS!

My poor, poor imps and Rebels want some friends. Nothing new for them since September!

Plus they mentioned K-2S0 by name at the last panel, leading me to believe they’re closer than we think...

Other than the wave 5 announcement, we haven’t had a single spoiler in over a month!

Edited by ClassicalMoser