What's coming next? つ ◕◕ ༽つ Summon New Announcement ! つ ◕◕ ༽つ

By Odanan, in X-Wing

18 minutes ago, Odanan said:

Do. Want.

(But no, it wouldn't have that much firepower - probably 3 front/3 back or 3 front/2 back)

I mean for 400 points, sure! I'd fly a one ship epic list!

FYI the friggin thing has capital ship Turbolasers build in to the wings, guns that are literally 80ish feet long. its not gonna have a 3 attack.

each of those 2 guns is bigger than a fighter on its own, plus its got a turret and ord'nance

58 minutes ago, Vontoothskie said:

FYI the friggin thing has capital ship Turbolasers build in to the wings, guns that are literally 80ish feet long. its not gonna have a 3 attack.

each of those 2 guns is bigger than a fighter on its own, plus its got a turret and ord'nance

Turbolasers? Turret? Ordnance? Where did you get that info?

4 hours ago, Vontoothskie said:

I mean for 400 points, sure! I'd fly a one ship epic list!

Source? I’m only seeing mention of two laser cannons out the front and two out the back. And that’s from the official Star Wars database: https://www.starwars.com/databank/gauntlet-fighter

No mention of them being turbo lasers either.

At the risk of being run out of town...

at some point I would like to see an box expansion that that extends rules for air-to-ground. I really want to some snowspeeders and walkers! Not to mention this would open up a whole new category of ground vehicles, surface-to-air combat vehicles, etc. I know Legion covers some of that game-space but that's mostly infantry and ground-to-ground combat.

Flame away... :ph34r:

8 minutes ago, Scrivner said:

at some point I would like to see an box expansion that that extends rules for air-to-ground. I really want to some snowspeeders and walkers! Not to mention this would open up a whole new category of ground vehicles, surface-to-air combat vehicles, etc. I know Legion covers some of that game-space but that's mostly infantry and ground-to-ground combat.

I mean, there's a lot of things to work out for that kind of crossplay to make it actually feel like ground vs air. Not impossible, but would likely raise the complexity of the rules. Not something on my wish list, but I wouldn't be opposed to it.

6 hours ago, Vontoothskie said:

also wookipedia is wrong on ship dimensions half of the time. LucasArts rarely released stats for their ships so people guessed and the  second one person put it in writing it appears in all the searches and gets repeated until its "cannon". essentially fellow nerds on  geocities and  angelfire sites made up half the lore on ship dimensions in the  90s. 

110% in agreement on this. The fans had numerous reasons that they wanted those dimensions, and when they weren't available we had to wing it. I used to play the West End Games RPG, and I needed to know ship dimensions for my freighter since I wanted to be the driver. This was not an easy task if you picked something that didn't have a floor-plan laid out in the source books. That's where the guess work and estimates come in. I know there are a couple of those art books that list dimensions and stuff, but things like that are few and far between and basically never cover ships not prominently featured in a movie.

My favorite example is that Wookiepedia lists the Republic Y wings being just as long as the wingspan of an ARC-170 is wide. I can't be the only person who scratches their head at those numbers. Fudging the dimensions a little bit to squeeze a ship into an appropriate base size is just fine by me.

6 hours ago, Hippie Moosen said:

My favorite example is that Wookiepedia lists the Republic Y wings being just as long as the wingspan of an ARC-170 is wide. I can't be the only person who scratches their head at those numbers. Fudging the dimensions a little bit to squeeze a ship into an appropriate base size is just fine by me.

Republic Y-wing is a looong boi

hpN6urc.png

Edited by eMeM
9 hours ago, eMeM said:

hpN6urc.png

I don't doubt that they're longer, but the dimensions on Wookiepedia are straight up bonkers for this thing. In the pic that's what, a 10-15% decrease in length once the engine nacelles are stripped? The wiki is listing them as 23.4 meters full length, and 16.24 stripped. almost a third of the ship should be gone, but that's now what we see here. Also it's listing the ARC's wingspan at 19.85 meters, but I haven't seen a side by side of the ARC and Republic Y so no clue if those numbers look right or not.

Edited by Hippie Moosen

You are right, I did some measuring and (counting the cannons), if the CW version is 23,4m long, the A4 should be around 18m. If we take the original size as the correct one, longer should be ~20,5m. Based on the astromech size I'd say the original being 16,4m sounds closer to reality.

Still longer than ARC's wingspan, but not dramatically.

Edited by eMeM
18 minutes ago, eMeM said:

You are right, I did some measuring  and (counting the cannons   ), if the CW version is 23,4m long, the A4 should be around 18m. If we  take the original size as the correct one, longer should be ~20,5m. Based on the astromech size I'd say the original being 16,4m sounds closer to reality.

Still longer than ARC's wingspan, but not dramatically.

You are far more thorough than myself good sir. thanks for those #'s, cuz I never would've taken the time to actually measure that stuff. I suppose I'll need to just concede that it's probably about the same length as the ARC's wingspan if not a bit longer, but it's good to know my eyeballs weren't lying to me about the Y-wings at least.

Here's hoping that when the Republic Y does show up, it's closer to these measurements than Wookiepedia's. Specifically the smaller estimate around 20.5m

Edited by Hippie Moosen
On 3/5/2019 at 5:01 AM, eMeM said:

hpN6urc.png

Not much longer...

Edited by Odanan

This should be the next Resistance ship, right?
Xwing-resistance.jpg
What stats and role would it get? I believe something like a "Resistance B-Wing".

Attack: 3
Agility: 2
Hull: 4
Shield: 4

Actions: Focus, Lock, Boost (it's actually faster than the T-70), maybe some linked action (barrel roll?).
Upgrades: Tech, Droid, Torpedo (x2?), System , Configuration, maybe no Modification.
Dial: faster but less agile than the T-70.
Pilots: Kazuda Xiono, Mia Gabon, Hugh Sion, and maybe Poe Dameron and Rapier Squadron (Lieutenant Iolo Arana, Lieutenant Karé Kun, Lieutenant Muran).

What do you think?

52 minutes ago, Odanan said:

This should be the next Resistance ship, right?
Xwing-resistance.jpg

What do you think?

I think I need to save this off for reference. Any time I start thinking I should just cave and buy Resistance ships, reference the “what’s coming” and then say pass.

T70 and Awing look fun. Transport in wave 4 eh...but at least it’s not an uglier version of the same aesthetic. This is not giving me high hopes for the sequel trilogy factions in this game, unless episode 9 can deliver some good stuff.

3 hours ago, Odanan said:

Dial: faster but less agile than the T-70.

Proportionally, using the astromech as a reference, it looks large enough to be a medium base. That added to the same dial as the T-70 would tick the faster but less agile boxes.

1 hour ago, Hiemfire said:

Proportionally, using the astromech as a reference, it looks large enough to be a medium base. That added to the same dial as the T-70 would tick the faster but less agile boxes.

As much as it would be good for the gameplay, I don't think the T-85 is large enough for the medium base (only the nose is slightly longer). Hopefully, we will get official dimensions soon.

On 3/4/2019 at 6:57 PM, Scrivner said:

I think it’s a good idea, and could potentially work for X-wing, but I also know a lot of people have started requesting for a 15mm Star Wars game, and I think that a ground vehicle game would work better at that scale, sort of like how tanks! is a ground war supplement of flames of war.

Of course being how FFG doesn’t have the man power like warlord or Gale Force 9, I kind of dread how long you would have to wait, and maybe an X-wing supplement would be better.

Call it X-wing ground war, adopt the templates and bases, allow certain X-wing fighters and call it a day.

Next thing is a Kaz pilot card with a crew slot for the T-70.

t70crew.jpg.843aa324fef704dfc515067318ca5c17.jpg 1702756042_t70cockpit.jpg.6f355219c96211a4c3ee6c34161ddbad.jpg

On 3/10/2019 at 4:39 PM, XPav said:

Next thing is a Kaz pilot card with a crew slot for the T-70.

t70crew.jpg.843aa324fef704dfc515067318ca5c17.jpg 1702756042_t70cockpit.jpg.6f355219c96211a4c3ee6c34161ddbad.jpg

These series do love to put extra people in single seat cockpits, right?

1 hour ago, Odanan said:

These series do love to put extra people in single seat cockpits, right?

Well, considering the ships, I doubt they would be considered crew. More passenger.

1 hour ago, SabineKey said:

Well, considering the ships, I doubt they would be considered crew. More passenger.

I have not seen the series. Are they performing any tasks from the second seat? Or just along for the ride?

I am thinking of two seaters in military history like the F14 who had a RIO with the pilot.

30 minutes ago, ScummyRebel said:

I have not seen the series. Are they performing any tasks from the second seat? Or just along for the ride?

I am thinking of two seaters in military history like the F14 who had a RIO with the pilot.

Only happened once in Resistance, from what I've seen. The lady was unconscious the whole time, so can't say it's impossible that some controls could be back there. But in other scenes, Kaz is flying it like a normal t-70.

They did something similar with the A-Wing in Rebels, but I don't remember the GIB doing anything there either.

3 hours ago, SabineKey said:

Definitely passenger. And considering the ship doesn't have an extra seat, that would be a very uncomfortable ride.

OK, organized the OP. It looks like the prequel fans will get all the fun stuff.

On 3/4/2019 at 7:47 PM, Odanan said:

Turbolasers? Turret? Ordnance? Where did you get that info?

The same place V-Tooth gets all his ship info, I'd guess...

(...seriously, this guy lost all credibility on the forums a LONG time ago)

Remaining movie ships that have not been released as part of 2.0:

• TIE Interceptor
  • TIE Bomber
  • Lambda Shuttle
  • Upsilon
  • A-Wing
  • Eta-2 Actis
  • LAAT/i Gunship? (not shown in space in the movies)
  • V-Wing
  • Starfortress
  • "Scavenged"/Resistance YT-1300 (gotta get that rectangular dish)
  • Quadjumper (those 5 seconds on screen totally count!)
  • Droid Tri-Fighter
  • Nantex (also not shown in space in the movies)

Based on the market prices, I'm thinking for Wave 5:

• TIE Bomber
  • A-Wing
  • Upsilon
  • Quadjumper
  • Starfortress
  • Eta-2
  • Tri-Fighter

Edited by XPav