Noob questions

By Luahk, in Star Wars: Force and Destiny RPG

38 minutes ago, Luahk said:

Falling avalanche i believe you're referring to

Correct.

4 hours ago, Luahk said:

Thanks for eber for your responses and engaging conversation :D

however on this occasion I, being the sad person I am, actually found the talent toy endlessly scouring.

'Bring it down' from the explorers big game hunter actually does this and isn't even, in the talented description, limited to type of weapon which is stupid imo.

I do agree that deathblow I struggle to narratively justify. I don't sort of get it..are you so determined to push through or something?

Ah, interesting. I am not very familiar with the Explorer trees, so I didn't know about that.

Most likely, the lack of a limitation is an oversight since it is otherwise identical to the other talents. I would rule it as limited to personal-scale weapons. Even the one that does affect planetary-scale weapons, Dead to Rights, is limited to planetary-scale.

I guess for Deathblow it would be a matter of determination to finish the job is the best I can do. No mercy, no hesitation.

'Bring it down' from the explorers big game hunter actually does this and isn't even, in the talented description, limited to type of weapon which is stupid imo.

Bring it down:

Once per attack spend 1 destiny point to add damage to a single hit equal to targets Brawn value , not the characters. To me, this shows the experienced Hunters ability and knowledge where to place the killing blow = bypassing the natural targets soak. That is not necessarily limited to a special weapon. You could do it with almost any personal weapon. As it is a hunter tree I would take it for a given that this talent is limited to attacks against animals, monsters and humanoids.

Edited by dreenan
42 minutes ago, dreenan said:

Bring it down:

Once per attack spend 1 destiny point to add damage to a single hit equal to targets Brawn value , not the characters. To me, this shows the experienced Hunters ability and knowledge where to place the killing blow = bypassing the natural targets soak. That is not necessarily limited to a special weapon. You could do it with almost any personal weapon. As it is a hunter tree I would take it for a given that this talent is limited to attacks against animals, monsters and humanoids.

Oh nice, that's a cool talent. And it still fits with my theory regarding a Brawn-based DP=damage talent.

1 hour ago, dreenan said:

Bring it down:

Aahhhhhhhhh.

OK yeah that makes WAY more sense.

Hey guys.

@everyone

Thanks.