Game incomplete and printed with errors

By Chuva, in A Game of Thrones Catan: Brotherhood of the Watch

The rule book is full of formatting and spelling errors, but that's not a problem. The problem isn't even the new concepts unnecessarily added to game-play in an already great game (Catan).

The problem is that there are missing pieces, and printing errors on necessary components of the game, making learning this insanely complicated game much more confusing for any new player to learn.

The resource cost card is now a necessary part of the game as it is a place to stack wildling tokens with your cities and settlements. The card, however, has a serious misprint - they list the Keep cost as one thing, then list the Keep cost again as another, with the original intention being one a Keep cost and one a Patrol cost.

Once you figure that out, one of the new (curious) concepts is hero cards. You use them once on the A side, then flip them to B side if you intend on using them again. The first player in a 3 player game always starts with Samwell Tarley. His card is marked A on both sides. So every single game is started with two major printing errors, and both pieces with errors are used the entire game.

It'd be one thing if this was a 10 dollar card game I didn't intend on using more than a few times but this is an incredibly in-depth game that I intend to attempt to teach others to play, and these errors make it even more difficult. Of course, at 80 bucks msrp, I expect a quality game with a high standard in what is sold and sent out but I'm severely disappointed in this one.

I've sent a message to the makers and am waiting a response.

My request to Asmodee and the its replay:

Player boards misprint--(the formula for creating guards says "Keep" instead of "Guard")

Samwell character card misprinted--(has two "A" sides instead of an "A" and
"B" side

Status for this item: On Hold
Status details: Thank you for contacting us with your concerns. We would like to apologize for any miscommunication that may have occurred and for the
misprints included in the Game of Thrones Catan: Brotherhood of the Watch board game. We will be putting your request for replacement parts on hold while we look into this issue and we will contact you again when we have more information.

Asmodee's reply about missing components:

Status for this item: Closed
Status details: Thank you for contacting us with your inquiry. The rule book and the back of the box states that the game is to include 15 Roads per player, 58 Wildling tokens and 27 Development Cards. The game is suppose to include 14 Roads per player, 57 Wildling tokens (19 of each), and 25 Development cards. This is the intended amount of components that you are suppose to receive and we apologize for the confusion that the typo’s in the
rule book and the back of the box may have caused.

I'm thinking we might get an updated Samwell Tarley card. And maybe new player boards.

Hope so. In tthat case, anyone want a limited edition Samwell Tarley card? 300$

Hahaha

Ooc , who's the tech editor for the game? Could you check in the rules?

Thank you for the very intetesting thread