Digital Age Carcassone?

By Fatamatician, in Android: Mainframe

The preview was great, and this certainly looks like a fun title. The real-estate grab scoring reminds me of Caracassone with more manipulation/nuance.

Anyone else have a thought?

I agree but I think a light introduction to the world of Android would be nice. I'm looking forward to it! No Gabe though. :(

Looks similar to Domaine. Could be fun to play with my kid.

I hope I'm wrong and there is ALOT more to it than whats in my head, but all I can think of is Dots and Boxes. :/

I hope I'm wrong and there is ALOT more to it than whats in my head, but all I can think of is Dots and Boxes. :/

I thought the same thing, though the boxes are mutable. There should be some interaction from the looks of things. I hope this is cooler than it seems from first glance.

The preview was great, and this certainly looks like a fun title. The real-estate grab scoring reminds me of Caracassone with more manipulation/nuance.

Anyone else have a thought?

Appears to be a rethemed version of Bauhaus by the same designers.

It doesnt look all that cool. However, it has Chaos Theory in it, so I will probably buy it.

It is just a plastered theme on a classic game. As the article says "The cash is calling".

Joke aside, if the price tag is low, it won't be a bad concept.

Sometimes a simple tie in game that can be played in a half hour is just what you need. You can still get that theme but keep the play light for players not invested in the world. May help them gain some interest.

It is just a plastered theme on a classic game. As the article says "The cash is calling".

^ This.

Looks like a fun, simple filler set in a universe I enjoy. If they price it as such (the same $20-30 you could pick up infiltration at) then I will be happy to bite. More than that...think I'll pass.

And if they're smart they'll include a couple exclusive cards for use with Android, Netrunner and/or Infiltration to incentivize people picking up the whole line.

^ This.

Looks like a fun, simple filler set in a universe I enjoy. If they price it as such (the same $20-30 you could pick up infiltration at) then I will be happy to bite. More than that...think I'll pass.

And if they're smart they'll include a couple exclusive cards for use with Android, Netrunner and/or Infiltration to incentivize people picking up the whole line.

Price tag is 34.95, according to FFG catalogue. This means something under 30 from the usual sellers

As for the exclusive cards: let's hope not. The "get the exclusive cards coming with this item" is a **** policy many other companies made and fortunately FFG didn't ever. The only "exclusive" content FFG released was old cards with new art and a few gadgets for the Arkham lines available with books. Netrunner has a competitive play, and spending 35 bucks for a card is not promotion, it's larceny. Which could fit the theme, but still.

Edited by Julia