SCIV Spoilers - Sacrifices for the Cause and Full Moon Disembowel

By MarcoPulleaux, in UFS General Discussion

http://fantasyflightgames.com/edge_news.asp?eidn=900

Good stuff

Sacrifices is obviously going to see play. Discarding 2 to commit Stand Off? Well that's easy. It isn't broken, of course, and it's very interesting to see All get some control like that. Also, another Order card without Fire, sweet.

FMD is...well, I'm on the fence. I can see where it'll bust some heads, but I can also see where you basically land yourself into a "great, how should my attack be blocked?" situation.

Whatever the case, good stuff all around. Nice to see Mitsurugi being about zone-changing again *looks at asset and UR attack*

MarcoPulleaux said:

http://fantasyflightgames.com/edge_news.asp?eidn=900

Good stuff

Sacrifices is obviously going to see play. Discarding 2 to commit Stand Off? Well that's easy. It isn't broken, of course, and it's very interesting to see All get some control like that. Also, another Order card without Fire, sweet.

FMD is...well, I'm on the fence. I can see where it'll bust some heads, but I can also see where you basically land yourself into a "great, how should my attack be blocked?" situation.

Whatever the case, good stuff all around. Nice to see Mitsurugi being about zone-changing again *looks at asset and UR attack*

Sacrifice is absolutely amazing, imo, and Full Moon i really like too. I don't care if it's a "great, this attack will be blocked", you get to peak into their hand on a decently stated attack that you can change the zone of AFTER peaking? like, that's pretty sexy. even then, it's a decent block, a 5 diff 3 check off zone 6 damage. good stuff, and in combination with that and it's abilities, i think it's worth it for some decks at the very least.

I CAN COMMIT AN ATTACK!

Jealously-Guarded Secret, folks. Run it, love it.

I'm liking SftC. It's like a mini-Experienced Combatant. The fact that it auto commits any Man Behind the Mask or Hope for One's People is very saucy.

As for FMD I could see if being good in Astrid. It's a fire weapon with a combo enhance that lets you look at your opponants hand. Hmmm playing a 9-10 damage reversal (before Astrid E) and knowing every play they could make this turn, kinda good. The only tricky part is finding a fire action to block that's actually worth playing. Since Toughest in the Universe doesn't have a block, I would say Soul Wave. It has a +2M bblock and it never hurts to have hate for path, as well as stormhammer and Hildes asset.

Tader Salad said:

I'm liking SftC. It's like a mini-Experienced Combatant. The fact that it auto commits any Man Behind the Mask or Hope for One's People is very saucy.

As for FMD I could see if being good in Astrid. It's a fire weapon with a combo enhance that lets you look at your opponants hand. Hmmm playing a 9-10 damage reversal (before Astrid E) and knowing every play they could make this turn, kinda good. The only tricky part is finding a fire action to block that's actually worth playing. Since Toughest in the Universe doesn't have a block, I would say Soul Wave. It has a +2M bblock and it never hurts to have hate for path, as well as stormhammer and Hildes asset.

We don't even know what is coming out in this upcoming set in terms of actions, either

How the heck do you commit an attack? What does that do?

He's just being funny. The rules say you can't commit anything that is not in staging areas or momentum.

Although... you COULD commit face-up momentum, like that one attack that reduces keywords to zero lol

I wonder how the interaction between FMD and Kisheri goes. Can you respond on the reveal, then if the opponent discards one of the blocks, it won't count for the bonus?

Also, I can totally see Base Hold preceding FMD in Life. Unless anything better comes along, but seriously, +2 speed, +3 damage AND use the Combo E? Sexy.

Or play Base Hold, FMD, then Acrobatic, THEN both E's lol

Taki's Possession Stance action could definitely be workable as a combo into FMD (using it as a finisher, which actually is really awkward... nvm that then...)

Speaking of Possession Stance though, it would make good sense to release a cycle of "stance" actions, considering that stances play a big part in SC4 play and also happen to be temporary states that often have advantageous properties in exchange for having to enter the stance... so maybe we'll see more? I hope...

Just Kidding is the only common we've been shown. We haven't seen any uncommons. While I appreciate the peak, is it so much to ask for a preview of a card that I'll actually see more than 1 of in a box?

Now that I got that out of my system, Sacrifices for the Cause is somewhat conditional, but has a chance of being just plain nuts since it has ALL on it. I do like the idea of tapping Man behind the Mask for free though.

What can be said about Full Moon Disembowel? It's solid to be sure. It seems slightly better than your average rare, but still doesn't blow me away as an ultra rare. Astrid needed access to this like I need another hole in my head.

Overall, I'm looking forward to the next set. Thank God the art is not disgusting this time around.

I'm loving this set, and I'll be happy to shell out for it when it comes out especially looking at these spoilers. Loving the symbol spread that we've seen so far especially. Can't wait to start using Mitsurugi again, I'm a little giddy :D and about the art work, its not just better than what we've been getting, but i think its just flat out awesome, I wasnt part of FMD for an avatar now :P

wow hata you never seem to dissapoint, unless you spoil 6 balanced cards and save +90 terrible/broken cards for the pre-re (I doubt it).

As regards to the two new cards. FMD is looking amazing! marco, i can understand you hesitation in running it but with those symbols you can definatly find a way to make dirtys with it, Kishiri coming to mind quickly, JK, Base Hold... wait Marius anyone? it reminds me alot of Knight Breaker in the sense that its a really good card that can be played with relative ease at a moments notice.

SftC makes me optimistic, not only dose order see some of its shenanigins with a balanced cost and a large scope but were crossing into new space that feel new to current UFS but slightly familiar to early UFS which was some of the best games ive had. i dont think i can say anything else that hasn't or wont be said by someone else so ill just say that this is a very good card.

@darklogos: there are some legacy attacks that could enter the staging area, hatman was just being silly.

@ROTBI:wasn't taki action an UC?

only 2 more weeks of aggony untill the next set. as long as we stay away from generic control and abilitys with no cost, we should be able to grow and thrive as a game which is currently shaping up to be the golden age of UFS.

Hey, FMD is bowss, for shizzle! Just, I think of all the other finishers and characters whom create their own finishers, and unless you're playing this as your first attack, they may only have like, 2-3 blocks, if any at all. It's just a bit much for such minimal damage. But yeah, as a 5 difficulty, I can see it seeing play even outside of its Combo.

So um...by the looks of it there is no Void characters this set....I am pissed.

The foundation is trash but Hata already had me in love with that attack! Combo with Mist Stance and massive hurting happens..

DvON said:

@ROTBI:wasn't taki action an UC?

Yessir. I stand corrected. Possession Stance is an uncommon.

Immortal-JyNxX said:

The foundation is trash but Hata already had me in love with that attack! Combo with Mist Stance and massive hurting happens..

Trash? No Commit 4 Man Behind the Mask for free? yes please?

Sol Badguy said:

Every Yoshimitsu to date has had Void.

I'm assuming they chose not to give that foundation Void because it reminds them of Void pieces past...

Immortal-JyNxX said:

I get the feeling that you were one of the people who were pissed at rotation because I think your comparing it to block 3 order support. while this would still be a decent card in legacy, especial if you were to but out a character who could draw on your opponents turn (i.e. promo Rock Howard and Alba) this isnt block 3. if you were to hold this up to anything else that commits cards in block 4 it has the largest cost but tis also the most versitile, HFOP need you to be in desperation and rashoteps support can only death so far. while commital and order support was needed, hata made sure it was usable when you needed it unlike program malfunction. if you were cursed to play nothing but order for the rest of your life, you would want it there beside you.

guitalex2008 said:

He's just being funny. The rules say you can't commit anything that is not in staging areas or momentum.

No but unless we're in serious business land, which we all know we are not, people will do it regardless. Even if it does nothing.

Sacrifice for the Cause is amazing! This may be the card that actually makes Christie and Ivy viable. Being able to commit stand off or man behind the mask at almost no cost is phenomenal and probably shoot both characters up a tier. I heart the card.

MarcoPulleaux said:

Sol Badguy said:

I'm assuming they chose not to give that foundation Void because it reminds them of Void pieces past...

Well I am aware of that so hopefully he still does have it otherwise I will bad very sad :(

Actually scratch that even if he does I will be very sad because Void could have used this :(

Sol Badguy said:

MarcoPulleaux said:

Sol Badguy said:

Well I am aware of that so hopefully he still does have it otherwise I will bad very sad :(

Actually scratch that even if he does I will be very sad because Void could have used this :(

Head Ringer
Maniacal Laughter
For the Money
Double Face Kick
Spinning Demon
Evil Mist
Cobra Twist
Cobra Clutch
The Entertainer

And many more cards that did not share three symbols with their character. Chill.

You forgot Mishima Family Bloodline, which is counted as a Kazuya card yet only matches Chaos with him.

Homme Chapeau said:

You forgot Mishima Family Bloodline, which is counted as a Kazuya card yet only matches Chaos with him.

I my opinion, that's all it needs to match (same with Jin Kazama). happy.gif

Actually I sort of wish Mishima Family Bloodline had Death instead of All, so it could share two symbols with each Kazuya, Heihachi and Jin.