4 Random Questions

By ROTBI, in UFS Rules Q & A

I'm pretty sure I know the answer to all these, but just throwing them out there for confirmation and to perhaps benefit others:

Jin Kazama1 's enhance says - ...your attacks get get +2 damage for the rest of this turn....

If this enhance is played on the first attack Jin plays, does that attack get +2 damage, or just every card after that attack?

Raging Gnome says - After you play this attack, if you do not have at least 4 other attacks with a printed difficulty of 3 or less in your card pool, this attack gets -5 damage and its damage cannot be increased.

Healer says - E Commit: This attack is returned to its printed damage....

In legacy play, can this attack be played first and Healer used to return (rather than increase) it to it's printed 7 damage? ...and yes, I know that would require splashing.

Undisputed Ruler says - R Destroy this foundation: After your opponent plays an attack, choose a keyword on that attack. That card loses the chosen keyword until the end of the Enhance Phase.

Hunger for Souls says - E (5+): If your non-throw attack deals damage, each player destroys X foundations in their staging area. X equals the control value of the card checked for this ability.

If I play a throw attack and my opponent uses Undisputed Ruler declaring throw (which I realize would not be that wise) may I enhance with Hunger for Souls?

Phoenix Roar says - E Discard 2 momentum: Choose 1 attack, which you could normally play, with speed equal to or less than this attack's speed in your discard pile and switch it with this attack. Play continues as if you just played that attack.

Could I increase the speed of the attack before playing this enhance, thereby allowing me to switch it with an attack that has a higher printed speed?

yes on everything but raging gnome. this would be the same as holding ground. but that would be true if it said that it can't recieve a damage bonus.

Raging Gnome starts at 2 damage if you can't meet its condition. If you use an ability that would bring it to 3 or more damage, you are attempting to increase its damage. Doesn't matter what you use to do it, doesn't matter what the wording of the ability you're trying to do it with. If the damage would go up... it doesn't.

ROTBI said:

Jin Kazama1 's enhance says - ...your attacks get get +2 damage for the rest of this turn....

If this enhance is played on the first attack Jin plays, does that attack get +2 damage, or just every card after that attack?

Yes, the current and future attacks get +2 damage.

ROTBI said:

Raging Gnome says - After you play this attack, if you do not have at least 4 other attacks with a printed difficulty of 3 or less in your card pool, this attack gets -5 damage and its damage cannot be increased.

Healer says - E Commit: This attack is returned to its printed damage....

In legacy play, can this attack be played first and Healer used to return (rather than increase) it to it's printed 7 damage? ...and yes, I know that would require splashing.

A return can be an increase, if the initial value is less than the ending value. This has been addressed before, with a bit of a floating definition of gain, increase, and bonus.

ROTBI said:

Undisputed Ruler says - R Destroy this foundation: After your opponent plays an attack, choose a keyword on that attack. That card loses the chosen keyword until the end of the Enhance Phase.

Hunger for Souls says - E (5+): If your non-throw attack deals damage, each player destroys X foundations in their staging area. X equals the control value of the card checked for this ability.

If I play a throw attack and my opponent uses Undisputed Ruler declaring throw (which I realize would not be that wise) may I enhance with Hunger for Souls?

Yes you may enhance. However, the effect would not go off when the attack deals damage. The qualifier on Hunger states that the attack dealing damage must be a non-throw. At the time the attack deals damage (Damage Step), the enhance step is over, and the keyword has returned.

ROTBI said:

Phoenix Roar says - E Discard 2 momentum: Choose 1 attack, which you could normally play, with speed equal to or less than this attack's speed in your discard pile and switch it with this attack. Play continues as if you just played that attack.

Could I increase the speed of the attack before playing this enhance, thereby allowing me to switch it with an attack that has a higher printed speed?

Yes. As long as it is not a First E, that is entirely possible.

-Tinman

stamps ahoy!