More Alternate Endings (Support Page)

By Frog, in Talisman

www.fantasyflightgames.com/edge_news.asp

A few days ago, we took a look at the Alternative Ending Cards offered in The Frostmarch, the new expansion for Talisman. Alternative Ending Cards offer variations on the standard Talisman victory conditions, and whether your group chooses them randomly or votes them into play, they can give exciting new direction to your game.

We’re pleased to announce that we’ve added two Alternative Ending Cards to the Talisman support page, and they’re available for download!

The Crown of Command card (pdf, 1.2mb) presents the standard victory condition in this new format, and the Danse Macabre card (pdf. 2.2mb) lets characters who make it to the center of the board control the fearsome Reaper (you must own The Reaper expansion to use this alternative ending)!

Add them to your choices of Alternative Ending Cards, and enjoy!

Crown of Command...

www.fantasyflightgames.com/ffg_content/Talisman/alternate-endings/crown-of-command.pdf

Danse Macabre

www.fantasyflightgames.com/ffg_content/Talisman/alternate-endings/danse-macabre.pdf

Nah, i am not gonna use printing endings.. sad.gif bostezo.gif

Velhart said:

Why not?

Nemomon said:

Velhart said:

Why not?

Because i only want the real ending templates.

I don't like downloading stuff.

That's why i paid a huge price for the promo cards gui%C3%B1o.gif

Velhart said:

I thought it was 'cos your medications ran out gran_risa.gif .

Velhart said:

Nemomon said:

Velhart said:

Why not?

I'm suggesting You buying two Frostmarch, so You will have original templates gui%C3%B1o.gif We don't have template at all..

Nemomon said:

Velhart said:

Nemomon said:

Velhart said:

Why not?

I'm suggesting You buying two Frostmarch, so You will have original templates gui%C3%B1o.gif We don't have template at all..

haha gran_risa.gif

No, i don't want those endings anyway.

We have already Crown and scepter, and the Reaper ending is not interesting.

Let's go for the real stuff ! demonio.gif

The two endings uploaded today ARE real stuff!

I LOVE these and will definitely try to find a way to use them.

The only thing that is kind of ironic/funny is that they added the normal Crown ending presumably so we could shuffle it in with the others (because or else we could just roll a die, with like 1 being normal ending & other numbers for the other endings), BUT if it's for shuffling in with the others, they didn't provide a picture copy of the back! So how can we shuffle this in yet, & until someone gets that available we will probably STILL have to just roll a die, heh.

Aside from that though, I won't complain about free stuff. I will agree slightly with Velhart though in that I prefer physical copies of stuff, but who knows, maybe FFG can include physical copies of these in the next expansion, along with MORE new alt. endings!

Has anyone here got a good picture of the alt. ending backs so we can use these endings properly?

Oops, nevermind on the alt. ending back. I just saw it is available in the Talisman support section thanks to TI posting a comment about it. There was just no link to it through the news article.

Thanks FFG!

talismanisland said:

Yes, but i want a real copy of it, instead of downloading it..

Maybe that FFG can add it as a extra in the next expansion?

Just for the collection.. lengua.gif

Velhart said:

talismanisland said:

Yes, but i want a real copy of it, instead of downloading it..

Maybe that FFG can add it as a extra in the next expansion?

Just for the collection.. lengua.gif

That actually could be very nice from their side, as an addition to 4th Expansion. Or as a Promo cards to it.

Hello Jon,

Can you tell us if they will be added to the next expansion that you are probably beta-testing (lucky guy) as I write this note?

Cheers

I like both new endings but why they're not in the Frostmarch box? serio.gif Especially the Crown of Command card.

Very cool! Keep it coming!!!

Nemomon said:

I might just do that - and print the fronts on sticker paper. Still, if they end up too thick I'll still have to roll a die. Also I'd be cheesed If they are released in a future expansion.

Rimmer said:

I like both new endings...

Seconded!

I like seeing the standard Crown ending - I prefer it to the less interactive Crown & Scepter. I really like that the Crown of Command will come up twice as often as any other single ending, and half of those times you get the ubber powerful scepter too! I think the Reaper ending is also cool! It's more interactive than the Frost Queen - I like it better.

Rimmer said:

...but why they're not in the Frostmarch box? Especially the Crown of Command card.

I hear you. I really like the alternate endings, but two possibilities for the secret reveal isn't enough - especially after many plays. For this reason I am delighted to see these endings - I was going to go bananas waiting for more! My guess is that they didn't want to include an ending not everyone can use (people without the Reaper set). The optional treasure rule is fine - nobody will complain about text they can't use. But an ending card they can't use could upset somebody. From there, I guess they didn't want the Command Spell two times out of three.

Anybody ever play Munchkin (I prefer Munchkin Quest)? There was an expansion called Munchkin Blender which was intended specifically to be played with multiple mixed sets. Talisman could similarly make an expansion which is intended to be played with other expansions. It could include things like trap doors and Dungeon doors in other regions, Vortexes in the Dungeon (if they make a Timescape), new treasure cards, etc. The Reaper ending (or something similar) would be perfect for such a set.

Why have the Rules been changed for the CoC ending? According to th card, you must attack another character there. Now you cannot use an ability against them, and you cannot flee!

Was this an accidental omission, or on purpose? Does the same apply to the Reaper ending?

crimhead said:

Nemomon said:

I might just do that - and print the fronts on sticker paper. Still, if they end up too thick I'll still have to roll a die. Also I'd be cheesed If they are released in a future expansion.

Rimmer said:

I like both new endings...

Seconded!

I like seeing the standard Crown ending - I prefer it to the less interactive Crown & Scepter. I really like that the Crown of Command will come up twice as often as any other single ending, and half of those times you get the ubber powerful scepter too! I think the Reaper ending is also cool! It's more interactive than the Frost Queen - I like it better.

Rimmer said:

...but why they're not in the Frostmarch box? Especially the Crown of Command card.

I hear you. I really like the alternate endings, but two possibilities for the secret reveal isn't enough - especially after many plays. For this reason I am delighted to see these endings - I was going to go bananas waiting for more! My guess is that they didn't want to include an ending not everyone can use (people without the Reaper set). The optional treasure rule is fine - nobody will complain about text they can't use. But an ending card they can't use could upset somebody. From there, I guess they didn't want the Command Spell two times out of three.

Anybody ever play Munchkin (I prefer Munchkin Quest)? There was an expansion called Munchkin Blender which was intended specifically to be played with multiple mixed sets. Talisman could similarly make an expansion which is intended to be played with other expansions. It could include things like trap doors and Dungeon doors in other regions, Vortexes in the Dungeon (if they make a Timescape), new treasure cards, etc. The Reaper ending (or something similar) would be perfect for such a set.

crimhead said:

I agree. And I really hope FFG releases the new endings as cards in the future - I'm fond of making my own cards, and did it a lot in 2nd edition, but the new cards are too nice to duplicate well, so I prefer not to try making these cards for myself.

crimhead said:

That is a great idea! I love how the Blender cards make the different Munchkin sets work together, and I remember how unsatisfying it was to play witg City, Timescape and Dungeon in 2nd edition without seeing any kind of connection between them. The stupid "visit the Enchantress to enter the Timescape" option in the City felt pasted on as an afterthought. I severely hope that FFG manages to tie the board expanions together enough to make it all feel like a single game, rather than a bunch of board games loosely tied together.

crimhead said:

Why have the Rules been changed for the CoC ending? According to th card, you must attack another character there. Now you cannot use an ability against them, and you cannot flee!

Was this an accidental omission, or on purpose? Does the same apply to the Reaper ending?

Whether it was intentional or not, it does not really matter as these are Alternative Endings. If you want to play with the standard Crown then you would not play with the new Endings.

"Fleeing" is not possible from the Crown of Command. You may only turn back from the Inner Region spaces.

Page 20 of the rulebook states -

"When a character is on the Crown of Command space, a character does not move but remains there instead. Characters on the Crown of Command cannot turn back."

Lubricus said:

That is a great idea! I love how the Blender cards make the different Munchkin sets work together, and I remember how unsatisfying it was to play witg City, Timescape and Dungeon in 2nd edition without seeing any kind of connection between them. The stupid "visit the Enchantress to enter the Timescape" option in the City felt pasted on as an afterthought. I severely hope that FFG manages to tie the board expanions together enough to make it all feel like a single game, rather than a bunch of board games loosely tied together.

The Rune Gate cards were put in specifically to make it easier to travel between regions/realms.

talismanisland said:

Whether it was intentional or not, it does not really matter as these are Alternative Endings. If you want to play with the standard Crown then you would not play with the new Endings.

"Fleeing" is not possible from the Crown of Command. You may only turn back from the Inner Region spaces.

Page 20 of the rulebook states -

"When a character is on the Crown of Command space, a character does not move but remains there instead. Characters on the Crown of Command cannot turn back."

Wow, how'd I miss that?

talismanisland said:

Lubricus said:

The Rune Gate cards were put in specifically to make it easier to travel between regions/realms.

Yes, but they didn't do it well enough, IMO. Especially considering how difficult it could be to enter the Timescape.

It is early days yet. Only one extra board to visit means less need for such things.

We shall have to wait and see... gui%C3%B1o.gif

crimhead said:

I think we can use 1 or 2 more trapdoors to the main deck.

Let's pray that FFG will made the third edition Trapdoor for 4thR gran_risa.gif

I hope also that new Treasure cards will be added to new regions.

talismanisland said:

It is early days yet. Only one extra board to visit means less need for such things.

We shall have to wait and see... gui%C3%B1o.gif

Indeed. I just hope that it will be taken care of this time around. I mean, so I don't have to start creating insane amounts of custom cards again! gran_risa.gif