Relic from Forbidden Bounty *Possible Spoilers*

By Thaddius2, in Rogue Trader

The worm the warp navigator had attached to his head. After he died, it reverts back to it's normal? form. We kept it. I am the group's navigator so I want NOTHING to do with it....other than sending it to the head of a rival navigator house to wipe it out.

Could that thing potentially kill an entire planet, since there is no gellar field to dampen it's connection to the warp, once connected to a navigator planetside?

Just a theory?

Thaddius said:

The worm the warp navigator had attached to his head. After he died, it reverts back to it's normal? form. We kept it. I am the group's navigator so I want NOTHING to do with it....other than sending it to the head of a rival navigator house to wipe it out.

Could that thing potentially kill an entire planet, since there is no gellar field to dampen it's connection to the warp, once connected to a navigator planetside?

Just a theory?

Theoretically, yes it could cause the destruction of an entire world. Being that you are a player in this regard, and not wanting to spoil your enjoyment of the game, I shall refrain form further comment. angel.gif

-=Brother Praetus=-

Spoil away if you like. I don't think we are going to continue on with anything from forbidden bounty (If there is more to it.) I was thinking it would be a nice tool to possibly increase profit factor by exhorting money from rival families or else an honest "plague upon your house". haha

Per the written conclusion the worm goes inert, even in the presence of psykers. Of course, as to whether that remains the case is open to the GM.

-=Brother Praetus=-

AHH! The worm was given to our seneshal for study, and I'm sure with my paranoia I would have hit it with gaze into the warp to see if it was still tainted.

Note that Forbidden Bounty has a sequel called Dark Frontier which features said Halo Device.

Thaddius said:

AHH! The worm was given to our seneshal for study, and I'm sure with my paranoia I would have hit it with gaze into the warp to see if it was still tainted.

That might give you some more info about it. and what you might be able to do with it. You should give it a try.

Of course, if you destroy a world deliberately , the Most Holy Order of the Inquisition might want to have a few words with you. ;)

If that world is within the Imperium. If, it was say, xeno tainted, it could even be ... accepted (beyond the Imperium).