Elves?

By swingjunkie, in Warhammer Invasion Deck Building

Anyone got any good deck builds with the Elves and another race? I realize that this probably requires multiple copies of the Core set, so it might be hard to come by, but there seemed to be some pretty handy cards in those races.

As you said, multiple copies are reccomended...Anyway, I figured out (just in my "lost" mind) that Chaos/Dark Elves can be an evil deck. Dark elves seem to work with HP/damage manipulation while Chaos has the best targetted damage in the game right now...

Is like a Control concept in which the "small" guys prepare the field for the Big guys and little nasty effects control the board until there'll be too much damage around.

I don't know, it's just a feeling...

For the "good ones", I don't know...Maybe HEALING/protecting stuff of High Elves works well with Dwarves general "toughness" (not keyword), even if it's like to IMPROVE something they already do pretty well...

I'm dreamin' about some Empire/High Elves interactions, whit lots of stallin' options and mind blowing game situations :)

DB_Cooper said:

For the "good ones", I don't know...Maybe HEALING/protecting stuff of High Elves works well with Dwarves general "toughness" (not keyword), even if it's like to IMPROVE something they already do pretty well...

Of course, I have a HUGE thematic issue comboing High Elves and Dwarves cool.gif !

Oh, yeah, I get it...

Heal + Cancel + Develop + Enormous HPs + Anti/Corruption = the devastating "Heal me/Cure me Baby" deck gran_risa.gif

DB_Cooper, that is the coolest name, Im new to the forums and I just saw your name. I ran adventure where my players were looking for him. I just thought I say cool.

Bending Arms said:

DB_Cooper, that is the coolest name, Im new to the forums and I just saw your name. I ran adventure where my players were looking for him. I just thought I say cool.

Oh my God! I've been found!!! gran_risa.gif

OFF TOPIC MODE: ON

What kind of adventures? What RPG?

OFF TOPIC MODE: OFF

OFF TOPIC :

I was running X-files like game in 70's, wanted to by pass the whole DNA testing and lab, real gum shoe stuff. DB Cooper was one of those cool cases from then that fit. Used GURPS system.

ON TOPIC

OFF TOPIC

Ehehe, I like GURPS. I like investigation sessions. :) Please...Don't let 'em find me :)

ON TOPIC

Until the companion set comes out I haven't bothered using them as anything more than filler when they compliment the core theme or fill a much needed hole.

I think DB's feel for the elves is pretty on point. I look forward to some cool deck options.

Dam said:

Of course, I have a HUGE thematic issue comboing High Elves and Dwarves cool.gif !

Hey, what about a Dwarf/Elf combo in which a "dwarf" weapon is activated by a wonderful/beautyful Elf?

I imagine Dwarf Masons having an argument with a High Elf:

D: "Hey, sweet ears, what are you doing?"

HE: "I'm admiring my reflection on this wonderful water mirror!"

D: "But Orcs are attacking!!!!"

HE: "So? Don't bother, I'll heal damage from you!"

D: "No. You'll heal damage from yourself."

HE: "What?"

D: "aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaarrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh"

HE: angel.gif

With Chaos I tend to run the witch elves as it compliments my defensive strategies while I build up my quest and kingdom areas. Dark Elves for destruction make good multiplayer defensive options. Spite allows quite a bit of resource nabbing and tactics refusal. Witch elves, cauldron of blood, and the cold one riders make great defensive options that deal damage quickly to opponents while minimizing damage to your side.

With High Elves you get a different set of options. The card that heals all units can be much better than the dwarven rune that negates damage because it only removes damage from your units. There is an elvin mage that can be used to keep your friendly units alive with out causing an upset to things like card draws. To push for more card draws they have their cavalry which when taking any amount of damage forces you to draw a card. One more high elf tactic card allows you to rob an opponent of 1 power from each enemy unit for one turn. That's an awesome power considering how much damage out put orks and chaos can bring.

Harliquine said:

With High Elves you get a different set of options. The card that heals all units can be much better than the dwarven rune that negates damage because it only removes damage from your units.

But you can use the "Master Rune of Valaya" by declining to defend, then playing MRoV to cancel damage assigned, saving that zone for one more round.