[FRENCH PLAYER QUESTION] The three skill cards with multiple attacks.

By grouik2, in Descent: Journeys in the Dark

A small question about the 3 cards in each domain (Subterfuge, Fighting, Wizardry) awith multiple attacks.

Can one move od do something between two of thoses attacks. I know that you can do so when battling. I also know that you need to spend immediately one fatigue to activate the power... But the attack itself? I saw an elf kill 10 monsters in one round! sorpresa.gif He drank a fatigue potion between his attacks... He did battle + 8 times his power for 2 fatigues each. 10 attacks and 10 kills. (he used the ring to drink his potion). enfadado.gif

Same question goes for the other skills of the same kind...

grouik said:

A small question about the 3 cards in each domain (Subterfuge, Fighting, Wizardry) awith multiple attacks.

Can one move od do something between two of thoses attacks. I know that you can do so when battling. I also know that you need to spend immediately one fatigue to activate the power... But the attack itself? I saw an elf kill 10 monsters in one round! sorpresa.gif He drank a fatigue potion between his attacks... He did battle + 8 times his power for 2 fatigues each. 10 attacks and 10 kills. (he used the ring to drink his potion). enfadado.gif

Same question goes for the other skills of the same kind...

It depends on the Card, but generally no. Most ofthe extra attack cards say "immediately" which prevents any other movement of movement action before the extra attack is completed.

Cleaving (fighting) allows you to spend a fatigue for another attack immediately after fulfilling a condition (killing a monster) - which means you can't move, drink a potion etc before making the extra attack.
Knight (fighting) gives you 3 attacks and half Move, but does not restrict the attacks. They can be at any time during the move and you can spend movement points (including from fatigue) between each attack should you wish.
Rapid Fire (Subterfuge) allows 2 fatigue for an immediate extra attack following an attack. Therefore you may not spend MP (including from fatigue) between rapid fire attacks. However you may battle, attacking, getting multiple extra attacks from rapid fire, then spending MP (using fatigue or other to drink a potion) and then attack again and get multiple extra attacks, again. This used to form a broken combo with the Gauntlets of Power(?), a bronnze other item that allows the spending of 2 surges to recover a fatigue. It is still very close to broken with Vampiric Blood.
Quick Casting (Wizardry) allows an immediate extra attack, so no spending MP between the attacks. It is an exhaust skill though, so may not be used more than once per collective round of turns.

Yes I see what you mean but now if you have the same cards as I you can read you must immediately spend 1 fatigue to make another attack this turn!

So as is read it you have to spend now but you can make the attack when you want during the turn...

Same goes for cleaving and rapid fire. It seems the attack can be done during the turn but the cost has to be paid immediately.

do you understand my problem? preocupado.gif

grouik said:

Yes I see what you mean but now if you have the same cards as I you can read you must immediately spend 1 fatigue to make another attack this turn!

So as is read it you have to spend now but you can make the attack when you want during the turn...

Same goes for cleaving and rapid fire. It seems the attack can be done during the turn but the cost has to be paid immediately.

do you understand my problem? preocupado.gif

No, I don't. Maybe it's a English/French language thing, but I agree with Corbon. The attack must come immediately after the first attack. No movement or movement actions in between the attacks.

edroz said:

No, I don't. Maybe it's a English/French language thing, but I agree with Corbon. The attack must come immediately after the first attack. No movement or movement actions in between the attacks.

To be frank I much prefer your version!

I do not know the exact phrasing in English but in French it is something like this :

"You must immediately pay x fatigue (so the cost is immediate) to do another attack during this turn."

So the attack could be done whevener the hero wants during the turn. Do you understand? gran_risa.gif

The Knight skill is phrased like thatyou must spend the fatigue immediately , but you can make the extra attack any time on the current turn. (Well, technically, the Knight skill says that you get the extra attack whether you spend fatigue or not, but that's generally considered an error.)

However, Cleaving, Rapid Fire, and Quick Casting all say that you can spend fatigue to immediately make another attack , and therefore you can't do anything else before the attack.

Antistone said:

The Knight skill is phrased like thatyou must spend the fatigue immediately , but you can make the extra attack any time on the current turn. (Well, technically, the Knight skill says that you get the extra attack whether you spend fatigue or not, but that's generally considered an error.)

However, Cleaving, Rapid Fire, and Quick Casting all say that you can spend fatigue to immediately make another attack , and therefore you can't do anything else before the attack.

Exactly. It sounds like groulk is working from a badly translated set (french I assume?) The german tranlsation is known to have many errors.

Corbon said:

Exactly. It sounds like groulk is working from a badly translated set (french I assume?) The german tranlsation is known to have many errors.

No it's more a problem of interpretation! gran_risa.gif

grouik said:

Corbon said:

No it's more a problem of interpretation! gran_risa.gif

you may spend 1 fatigue to immediately make 1 additional attack with the same weapon...
you may immediately spend 2 fatigue to make 1 additional attack with the same weapon this turn.
you may immediately spend 2 fatigue and exhaust this card to make 1 additional attack with the same weapon this turn...
www.descentinthedark.com

Holy Crap! Your guys have a point! Only Cleaving insists that the attack be immediate. The others clearly indicate that the fatigue expenditure is immediate but that the extra attack may be (any time) 'this turn' (ie, not immediate).

Corbon said:

It is pretty difficult to screw up an interpretation of 'immediately' doing something...
- ... you may spend 1 fatigue to immediately make 1 additional attack with the same weapon... (Cleaving)
- ... you may immediately spend 2 fatigue to make 1 additional attack with the same weapon this turn. .. (Rapid Fire)
- ... you may immediately spend 2 fatigue and exhaust this card to make 1 additional attack with the same weapon this turn... (Quick Casting)
all from www.descentinthedark.com

Holy Crap! Your guys have a point! Only Cleaving insists that the attack be immediate. The others clearly indicate that the fatigue expenditure is immediate but that the extra attack may be (any time) 'this turn' (ie, not immediate).

Yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeessssssss!!!! Thank you for understanding my problem! sonrojado.gif

Fortunately we have the answer in the Gathered list of answered questions from this very forum:

Rapid Shot
Q: "The Hero must immediately spend fatigue to gain another attack using Rapid shot, but must the attack be immediately used, or can a Hero move and then use the attack?"

A: It must be immediately used.