multiple environments

By drgrant2, in Arkham Horror Second Edition

has anyone tried using multiple environments in play? (one mystic, one weather, one urban)?

not sure if that's a good idea. i have a hard enough time remembering what one environment does, let alone 3.

Yes. It's not as cool as one would think. It's not just because you could be fighting three environments at once, but you interfere with their turnaround as well, since only an environment of the same kind can remove one, and there just aren't enough environments of any specific kind during one game.

As an alternative, much like a GOO Slumber Ability, you can put a random environment in play for the entire game (like Rain or Bad Moon), while the Mythos deck cycles the rest of them normally. This seems to work best if it's a Mystical or Weather one.

jgt7771 said:

As an alternative, much like a GOO Slumber Ability, you can put a random environment in play for the entire game (like Rain or Bad Moon), while the Mythos deck cycles the rest of them normally. This seems to work best if it's a Mystical or Weather one.

"No One Can Help You Now" for the entire game llorando.gif !!!

They're also quite likely to cancel each other out, making them less effective overall.

Sunny & Clear cool.gif

It's hard remembering one set of bonuses and penalties, let alone two or three.

Plus, it would be possible to have "Sunny & Clear" and "Blackest Night" out at the same time.

I've tried it. I actually quite like it for flavour reasons (particularly in that there's always a weather out), but it does admittedly add to fiddliness a bit.

I've had "No One Can Help you Now" out for 15+ turns using this variant. Yes, we lost. That is probably the only Environment that seriously prevents you from winning though: you could always just remove it.

Alternatively, one variant I've considered is having Urban and Mystic environments work together (so cancelling each other when they come into play), but just leaving Weather separate.