A RUMOR of a new expansion!!

By diablo666, in Arkham Horror Second Edition

Hello,everyone.

I just got back from my local game store and he told me how he gets a list of pre-orders from his distributors via e-mail every day.

Well,it seems that last week he got an e-mail listing a new Arkham Horror big box expansion.

He says that he accidentally deleted the e-mail before he could investigate further.

This does seem like a REAL LONGSHOT of information and I will not believe it until I actually see if for myself but I thought I would mention to you Arkham Horror fans out there.

I REALLY hope it is true but not getting my hopes up.

I call BS, but I hope I'm wrong :')

I don't think it's true. really.

It should be a little box if FFG goes as usual with Arkham expansions...

Damned, this email should not have been deleted ! ;)

Wasn't Innsmouth in June, thus a new expansion wouldn't be out until next year? I haven't bought expansions yet, but it seems like FFG is in no hurry to print them.

I'm gonna call "shenanigans" just to preserve my sanity from blind hope. Without more to go on, that way lies madness.

Place a clue token on this rumor at the end of every month.

Pass: Discard $30 while in the game store space. Each player gains 1 expansion.

Fail: If there are 5 clue tokens on this card, return it to the deck. Each player is disappointed.

LOL, if I've ever seen a hoax, this is it demonio.gif

could he not ask the sender to re send the email? it would be great to hear of continued support, it is after all a very popular game

Yeah, right after a so fresh Innsmouth, that sounds unplausible....... but if I see a big Arkham exp appearing on one of the last mysterious black boxes on the home page... I'll yell like a maniac :)

It does sound incredible (1) so soon after a (2) big box expansion. Mind you, one of the black question-marked boxes *is* square...

Doubt it very much, in fact I would be surprised to see another big box expansion for quite a while if at all. If there is another big expansion I would hope it would be a stand alone expansion (a fully fledged Mountains of Madness expansion for example) but if anything I would suspect the next expansion to be another small box one.

If I recall, there was a fairly LONG time between Dunwich and Kingsport compared to the time between Kingsport and Innsmouth. I mean didn't Kingsport get pushed back for almost a year before it got put out? Maybe they're just trying to catch up now with things that were in the works.

GrooveChamp said:

Fail: If there are 5 clue tokens on this card, return it to the deck. Each player is disappointed.

Fhoooo! $30 for a big box, my, aren't *we* optimistic.

I vote for this being a miscommunication. On the FFG upcoming page, the base game is listed (as of 11/2) as "Reprinted", so the e-mail was likely just a notice that more (of the base game) would be coming in soon.

Avi_dreader said:

GrooveChamp said:

That's 1920s dollars

GrooveChamp said:

Avi_dreader said:

GrooveChamp said:

That's 1920s dollars

Oh, okay, that's more like it ;')

It would seem very unlikely that a new expansion would be coming out so soon and I'm normally one to wait until I see something official (which is why I didn't say anything about this), but I also heard something from the shop that I go to concerning a new expansion just last week. Of course, all that he mentioned was that something should be coming out in the not so immediate future, but I do find it odd that diablo heard the same thing. Unless diablo and I go to the same shop and this guy is deriving some perverse pleasure by instigating these rumors, there may be some validity to this. Either way, I still have to catch up on my expansions so I'm in no rush either way.

Well,Astroman,I am located in a suburb of Detroit,Michigan.

How about you?

I still REALLY have my doubts about a new expansion (especially a big box expansion) for Arkham but I do know that there is still a very large group of people that play Arkham Horror so the fan base is defenitely there.

I hope we hear news soon.Before Christmas would be really nice.

diablo...I am also in the suburbs of Detroit MI.

You didn't happen to hear this from the guy who owns G.O.B., did you?

If so, I think we need to go have a little discussion with him and make him verify this information.

Yes,it was from the guy who owns G.O.B. Small World!!

I pressed him for information but he didnt know anything else.No title.No price.Nothing.That is why I REALLY wonder if it is true or not.The guy does not have a reason to lie,though.

oldthrashbarg said:

It does sound incredible (1) so soon after a (2) big box expansion. Mind you, one of the black question-marked boxes *is* square...

Where are you finding the black ? boxes?

RevGiark said:

oldthrashbarg said:

Where are you finding the black ? boxes?

Check the FFG home page...

Well the news of a Cosmic Encounter expansion has kinda scuppered that fanciful idea, since that must be the square blacked out box on the front page. So that along with Runewar leaves a large box un-revealed (unless I missed something) and that's unlikely to be an expansion for anything.

I kinda have to doubt this, as I too am a store owner and I have heard nothing about a new expansion for Arkham.

Some likely possibilities are the next wave of the base game (currently OOP), or some other expansion that is Back in Stock. Also, it could have been the new Mayfair Game, Witch of Salem, which appears to be a very similar game to Arkham (haven't played it myself), or even possibly a Chasoium CoC expansion, or some other Cthulhu game line (lots of companies make Cthulhu offshots). But as for a new Arkham expansion and a big box one at that I have serious doubts.

JerusalemJones said:

I kinda have to doubt this, as I too am a store owner and I have heard nothing about a new expansion for Arkham.

Some likely possibilities are the next wave of the base game (currently OOP), or some other expansion that is Back in Stock. Also, it could have been the new Mayfair Game, Witch of Salem, which appears to be a very similar game to Arkham (haven't played it myself), or even possibly a Chasoium CoC expansion, or some other Cthulhu game line (lots of companies make Cthulhu offshots). But as for a new Arkham expansion and a big box one at that I have serious doubts.

A Touch of Evil is also referred to as Arkham-lite.