[FRENCH PLAYER QUESTION] Command, blessed, necromancy dark charm and SoB final battle question!

By grouik2, in Descent: Journeys in the Dark

Hello and thanks to all of you who will read and help me.

I have the game in French so please excuse my mistakes. sonrojado.gif

- First in the final battle in Seas of Blood now it seems all the conquests points of the campaign is used! sorpresa.gif And the heroes now need 4 conquests for 1 life!

So if at the end you have a total of 800 conquests (too much I know) 400 heroes and 400 Overlord each hero would have 100 more life and the overlord a grand total of 800 more life! impressive no? Is that correct? demonio.gif

- When a hero is under the Dark Charm (so attacks under the command of the Overlord) does he still have the +1 damage and +1 distance that another hero could give him? The same with command and necromancy? How does it all mix? preocupado.gif

grouik said:

- First in the final battle now it seems all the conquests points of the campaign is used! sorpresa.gif And the heroes now need 4 conquests for 1 life!

So if at the end you have a total of 800 conquests (too much I know) 400 heroes and 400 Overlord each hero would have 100 more life and the overlord a grand total of 800 more life! impressive no? Is that correct? demonio.gif

- When a hero is under the Dark Charm (so attacks under the command of the Overlord) does he still have the +1 damage and +1 distance that another hero could give him? The same with command and necromancy? How does it all mix? preocupado.gif

French is excused, I could write a response in French if it would suit you better... but for the general public...

The final battle, according to the book states that you "reset" and start keeping track of conquest totals from the moment you enter the Overlord's Keep. Those are the only conquest that add to the HP totals at the end of the level.

By the general acceptance, when a Hero is affected by Dark Charm, other heroes are now considered allies and monsters are enemies. So his friend heroes' blessing will not help in the Dark Charm attack, but a nearby Beastman Master would enhance that hero's attack with its Command 1.

Hope that rules summary is enough for you without quoting the book! :)

Kard said:

The final battle, according to the book states that you "reset" and start keeping track of conquest totals from the moment you enter the Overlord's Keep. Those are the only conquest that add to the HP totals at the end of the level.

I am sorry I was talking about Seas of Blood final battle! The rules seems to have changed! Not only do we count from the start but also 4 conquests for one life for the heroes instead of 2!

Kard said:

By the general acceptance, when a Hero is affected by Dark Charm, other heroes are now considered allies and monsters are enemies. So his friend heroes' blessing will not help in the Dark Charm attack, but a nearby Beastman Master would enhance that hero's attack with its Command 1.

Hope that rules summary is enough for you without quoting the book! :)

I suppose you mean the opposite? heroes are ennemies and monsters allies? So when a monster is being affected by necromancy he is under the influence of the Bless of the heroes also.

Many thanks! gran_risa.gif

Sorry, I couldn;t see the other replies before submitting this one

grouik said:

Hello and thanks to all of you who will read and help me.

I have the game in French so please excuse my mistakes. sonrojado.gif

- First in the final battle now it seems all the conquests points of the campaign is used! sorpresa.gif And the heroes now need 4 conquests for 1 life!

Your final battle calculations are completely wrong.

Before entering the OL's keep, all previous CT counts are extinguished. Both sides reset to zero. Both sides then accumulate CT just from the keep (4 levels + the special level). Typically the 'score' might be something like 28CT for the heroes (4 bosses + 4 glyphs in 4 levels, + 2 glyphs in the special level + 2 empty chests) vs 20ish for the OL (dead heroes and a deck recycle maybe).

Then the heroes get 1/2 bonus wound each for each CT they earned - so each hero would get 14 extra wounds (28x1/2).
And the OL gets 2 bonus wounds for each CT he earns - so the OL would get 40 extra wounds (20x2).

RTL pg 20
When the Final Battle is determined to have begun at the beginning of a game week (see “1. Time Passes” on page 10), the players immediately stop carrying out the normal game week steps and instead do the following, in order:
3. The players reduce both the heroes’ and the overlord’s conquest token totals to zero, with any unspent XP being lost.
4. The heroes explore the Overlord’s Keep.

As the heroes explore the fifth level of the Overlord’s Keep, the Avatar will appear at some point, according to the level’s description. When that happens, the players do the following, in order:
2. Each hero’s maximum wounds are increased by +1 for every 2 conquest tokens the heroes collected since entering the Overlord’s Keep.
3. The Avatar’s maximum wounds are increased by +2 for every conquest token the overlord scored since the heroes entered the Overlord’s Keep.

From the FAQ pg5
Q: When the overlord is controlling a hero through “Dark Charm,” who decides how to spend the surges and power dice? Can the overlord move the character and attack, or just make a single attack without moving?
A: The overlord controls the hero for that attack, including the hero’s use of surges and power dice. The overlord may also play cards such as “Aim” with the attack. However, the overlord player cannot move the character, or force the hero to spend fatigue to add to the attack.
The hero no longer benefits from any heroes with Command, but does receive a bonus from any of the Overlord's figures with command.

Command and Necromancy isn't really clear. Command works on 'friendly' figures, which is never actually defined. It seems most likely that a necromancied monster is friendly to the heroes and not firendly to monsters, so should receive command bonuses from Blessing but not from MAster Beastmen. This would also maintain consistancy with the Dark Charm/Command ruling, which implies that the charmed hero is no longer friendly to other heroes and is now friendly to monsters

Thank you both for your answers and sorry for the bad phrasing of the final battble, Iw as talking about Seas of Bllood which is more in favour of the Overlord and seems much more heroic no? gran_risa.gif

grouik said:

Thank you both for your answers and sorry for the bad phrasing of the final battble, Iw as talking about Seas of Bllood which is more in favour of the Overlord and seems much more heroic no? gran_risa.gif

Since only a few lucky so-and-so's at Essen have the game, and FFG have not even put up the rules yet, very few of us can make any informed comment about whether the final battle is more heroic or not.

In fact it is personally rather aggravating to see people asking questions already and commenting when it isn't truely in public domain yet! Not the buyers fault, just frustrating for the majority!

If you have questions I would be happy to answer them! gran_risa.gif

Correct, you get extra life points for all the conquest earned, not only those earned in the overlord's keep. (i have the SoB english manual). The overlord gets a huge life boost because of this.

I guess this was done to make the final battle more difficult.

grouik said:

If you have questions I would be happy to answer them! gran_risa.gif

Unfortunately my questions go like this.

What is line 1? What is line 2? What is line 3?... What is line (final line in rulebook)? What is the first new card? What is the second new card? what is the third new card?... What is the (last) new card?
Etc etc etc.

Questions from a blank slate are pointless!

it could be about lieutenants, the ships, encounters, swimming, pirates, the new map, new rules, etc... gran_risa.gif

(Ouah, Edge l'a déjà publié ? ils sont super en avance, les saligauds !)

Hem said:

(Ouah, Edge l'a déjà publié ? ils sont super en avance, les saligauds !)

Nope got it at Essen! By chance! gran_risa.gif

Oh ok... my bad.

Hem said:

Oh ok... my bad.

you are forgiven my child.... angel.gif

partido_risa.gif