Article: Chaos On The Rise, Part 2

By VikramS, in UFS General Discussion

Hey guys, here is the conclusion of darklogos article, I want to say a big thanks to him, and he has more on the way! Hooray!
Also some more notes, this week we'll have a ton of articles, possibly one a day. I have one on Rashotep and Jin that I'm working on, and dutpotd is writing one on Void. I have darklogos' next work ready to go as well! So ENJOY! And soon I will have even more featured writers to choose from.

"Stoppng the dreaded combo or launcher/breaker bull that dominates the meta or just making it so you can block with a cheaper check. This card gives you a lot of control."

Um...Driven by Fear is an F dude...

i might give a try for Kazuya since he is my ongoing project right now...also you need to come down this week lol

MarcoPulleaux said:

"Stoppng the dreaded combo or launcher/breaker bull that dominates the meta or just making it so you can block with a cheaper check. This card gives you a lot of control."

Um...Driven by Fear is an F dude...

High price? Yes I will agree. Last ditch effort to save yourself? Yes. Its not something I would be playing all the time. But when you can blow up need to destroy you come out even. But I can see how it may be seen as a bad pick. I just think about all the times I wish I could flush the cardpool to play stuff a lot cheaper.

darklogos said:

High price? Yes I will agree. Last ditch effort to save yourself? Yes. Its not something I would be playing all the time. But when you can blow up need to destroy you come out even. But I can see how it may be seen as a bad pick. I just think about all the times I wish I could flush the cardpool to play stuff a lot cheaper.

Um...I don't think you and I are even talking about the same thing...like, at all O_O

The way you described Driven by Fear was as though you were describing Make a Difference. You said that Driven by Fear "stops pesky Combos." Um...how? I'm assuming you're implying that it stops your OPPONENT'S combos, at which case I said it's an F, thus, um, wtf do you mean it stops combos? o_O...

Also, Driven by Fear is one of the best cards in the game which is why it has been and always will be sold-out at the second market. Driven by Fear is a lot like Ira-Spinta and similar cards of past: it has no cost. Sure, you blow up 2 foundations, but if you're using the F on Driven by Fear, you've already one the game, easily.

My Air build for Yun-Seong breaks the Hell out of Driven by Fear, and Kazuya has some sweet spots for it too <3.

Vik I like your article you posted up about the Jin deck you are building. I also like your commentary about Rashotep. One thing that I used in my Ras deck was strength of the ages. It gives a minor damage output at the end. Also master of magic/yimrfang combo is awesome. Sadly that combo works better in King. I think King is the new ruler of earth and Rash is playing catch up for now. I look forward to seeing the deck progress.

MarcoPulleaux said:

darklogos said:

Um...I don't think you and I are even talking about the same thing...like, at all O_O

The way you described Driven by Fear was as though you were describing Make a Difference. You said that Driven by Fear "stops pesky Combos." Um...how? I'm assuming you're implying that it stops your OPPONENT'S combos, at which case I said it's an F, thus, um, wtf do you mean it stops combos? o_O...

Also, Driven by Fear is one of the best cards in the game which is why it has been and always will be sold-out at the second market. Driven by Fear is a lot like Ira-Spinta and similar cards of past: it has no cost. Sure, you blow up 2 foundations, but if you're using the F on Driven by Fear, you've already one the game, easily.

My Air build for Yun-Seong breaks the Hell out of Driven by Fear, and Kazuya has some sweet spots for it too <3.

Just saw the F. I messed up. I would have to withdraw my support for the card then. I looked at so many cards resently E AND F are bluring lol. Thanks for the catch.

Don't withdraw your support, just understand that it isn't Make a Difference 2.0 lol

Driven is super hawt in this format, and if you disagree, something tells me you likely don't own a playset of the beloved ultra rare foundation.

It shares 2 symbols with Wonderworld, 3 with Ascending Zephyr, and Chaos has its generation. Point being: abuse the Hell out of this card with stuff like Menuett Dance and Dark Geo Da Rey. Attack - attack - attack - clear - win game.

Driven By Fear also shares Air with Shredding Vibrato, and Fire with All Life Is Prey.

I had something crazy in mind for the card. I love to tick off people that play combos and would do what I could to stop them. I was also thinking of using this card with an air card to get a damage bonus for every multiple cleared from the card pool. I need to think of another way of using the card. I'm a turtle player at heart and my mind thinks defense mostly before offense.

darklogos said:

I was also thinking of using this card with an air card to get a damage bonus for every multiple cleared from the card pool.

Long-Standing Rivalry? Well, thankfully it gives damage bonuses to ANY card discarded, not just multiple copies. However, the number of cards that can discard from the card pool (Driven by Fear, Jolly Side E, Tira w/Gloomy, Shattered Persona) are simply too far and few to even justify running the 4-check, even for its hawt block.

If you're a turtler, first off, F you =p, secondly, Driven by Fear is clearly not your card lol.

I stopped turtling after the changes were made. You have to be agressive now. I think as a man building a fortress picking out solid stones to build on. That's how I see things intially. Then I force myself to see other options.

Nice article overall Darklogos :) I would like to see more articles like this. They are interesting to read, and great to discuss afterwards, just what this forum needs ^^

Keep up the good work man

The comment on heichachi and the rites, I can say, it's ugly to be on the receiving end of that, on turn 2.

On your point of her own agenda ****** Zi Mei. That will only happen on occasional decks trying to multiple first rite or something of that nature.
Fury of the ancients doesn't care about momentum. Which I still dont understand why ZM has a momentum gaining ability when her UR attack doesn't give a **** about momentum lol.
I think the card actual hurts other chaos decks more by keeping them off spinning demon and dark geo dude multiples.

I'm suprised you didn't mention Two Deadly Rings in either article. This card is such great utility in chaos as a block / lead off / ending attack. Granted it may be really good in death I still think chaos can utilize it.

Food for thought. Good article though.

Nfxon said:

Fury of the ancients doesn't care about momentum. Which I still dont understand why ZM has a momentum gaining ability when her UR attack doesn't give a **** about momentum lol.

Rite multiple ability.

My apologies for forgetting the awesomeness thats 3rd rite. /sarcasm.
I just dont find that to be a very good combo when Fury does more for less in my opinion.
But I consider Rite combos less dmg and more setup and their enhances require damage to be delt and therefore inferior.
Again just my opinion.

Nfxon said:

On your point of her own agenda ****** Zi Mei. That will only happen on occasional decks trying to multiple first rite or something of that nature.
I think the card actual hurts other chaos decks more by keeping them off spinning demon and dark geo dude multiples.

I'm suprised you didn't mention Two Deadly Rings in either article. This card is such great utility in chaos as a block / lead off / ending attack. Granted it may be really good in death I still think chaos can utilize it.

Food for thought. Good article though.

Her own agenda kicks Zi Mei either when she adds momentum during the turn and thus giving you a control check boost or by taking that momentum away. I see this card also a way to keep Kilik under control.

I didn't talk about two deadly rings because I felt it was a card that few chaos decks needed to play. Yes it has awesome written all over its abilities. But it is slow and does to low of damage. Its not worth boosting. Now if you want to use it as a first attack to make the other attacks go through you are better off with Wheel Kick. But hey if breaker is your think keep the attack.

Sadly, the Rites work much better outside of Zi Mei.

Other than the fact that she shares all three symbols and has a 7 hand size so she can easily draw them. But if 6HS characters are pulling off Knight Breaker combos left and right due to Fire's draw power, what's to stop them from pulling off the Rites? It's harder to pull off a Rites combo because First Rite is best going first. You can play any low weapon first, but if you don't, the Rites combo becomes too difficult (difficulty-wise).

Then again Communing and FTM will remove the "problem" pretty easily and emphatically.

darklogos said:

Her own agenda kicks Zi Mei either when she adds momentum during the turn and thus giving you a control check boost or by taking that momentum away.

In the rite build yes. But again, fury =/= rite. Fury > Rites. I'd like to think that my ZM build is tournament calibur. And my ZM build couldn't care less about gaining momentum, hence my statement. Agenda is a dead card in alot of matchups, especially fire ones b/c what fire build actually cares about momentum?

As far as two deadly rings, its your opinion, but I find breaker to be helpfull against early rush, and with any dmg pump and only two difficulty you can easily stack on the end of an attack string and punish an opponent with it.

My opinion again.

Nfxon said:

darklogos said:

Her own agenda kicks Zi Mei either when she adds momentum during the turn and thus giving you a control check boost or by taking that momentum away.

In the rite build yes. But again, fury =/= rite. Fury > Rites. I'd like to think that my ZM build is tournament calibur. And my ZM build couldn't care less about gaining momentum, hence my statement. Agenda is a dead card in alot of matchups, especially fire ones b/c what fire build actually cares about momentum?

As far as two deadly rings, its your opinion, but I find breaker to be helpfull against early rush, and with any dmg pump and only two difficulty you can easily stack on the end of an attack string and punish an opponent with it.

My opinion again.

I second this opinion, Fury is practically > then all... let alone a 2 card preceding combo card like Third Rite. And, not to mention, I just don't like Second Rite at all.

The Third Rite is an interesting card in Hilde though. Not many cards are 5 diff for 6 base damage with a 3 check. I don't use it anymore, but it serves it's purpose well enough.

Deadly Rings is a great card in Chaos, esp. Heaichi ranged/stun deck, it isn't 2 damage when playing with Heiachi, and thrown out after a triple multiple or whatever.

I haven't seen her own agenda in play since we lost nasty Ibuubi from SF7 to rotation. Then again it could be cited as ZD's better/best foundation out of a severely themed deck (or you reserve that for her angry cancel hate).

Everyone has their own opinion of course. But what I do know for a fact is that Nfxon's Zi Mei is tourney caliber, that isn't just what he'd like to think ^^

- dut

I thought about two deadly rings with Heiachi. It looked strong I just had questions on how it would play out in practice. I also thought that people would want to play attacks with a higher base damage to get off those turn 2-3 kills. Outside of Heichei the damage pump ability of Two Deadly rings isn't as high. I doubt someone is going to merciless fighter pump the card. But you all gave me an idea for an evil deck.