Do you play legacy?

By Antigoth, in UFS General Discussion

When i am forced to.

I agree that legacy "can" be fun. Themed decks, commonground (all commons), cube draft, etc to me are all great ways to play legacy.

In a "competitive" environment, way too much NPE for me.

These are of course my opinions and others are free to disagree.

Legacy to me is fun, only when people don't walk around with all the power cards and play super casual.

There needs to be a Legacy Banlist, and I am suprised that no one has come up with one yet.

Smazzurco said:

When i am forced to.

I agree that legacy "can" be fun. Themed decks, commonground (all commons), cube draft, etc to me are all great ways to play legacy.

In a "competitive" environment, way too much NPE for me.

These are of course my opinions and others are free to disagree.

I'll be honest, I was more looking for people to vote in the poll, so that I could actually have a statiscal # as opposed to a debate.

WELL FINE. I SEE HOW MUCH MY OPINION MATTERS TO YOU.

-Runs off crying.-

;_;

TripsEX said:

WELL FINE. I SEE HOW MUCH MY OPINION MATTERS TO YOU.

-Runs off crying.-

;_;

ttthhhpppttt!!!!

It's not that your opinion doesn't matter to me. It's more an analytical thing for a seperate discussion.

If someone is raped are they sexually active?

If the answer is yes, then i play legacy.

If the answer is no, then i do not play legacy.

if i didnt have to register i would vote...and my vote would be Legacy sucks my hairy coconuts...

Few minutes ago, i registered in your page and sent my representative vote: We play Legacy, a lot.

Me and my friends, are from Chile and all of us play Standard & Legacy. For us is really important that you know about the huge community playing a lot of informal formats apart from Standard. We don't care about the prize support or another things like that. Is more important a new and renovated Ban List, because Legacy is another universe totally different from Standard. We play for fun. Not for prize.

I constantly watch this forum and i want to say thank you to Antigoth and to the rest that have showed preocupation over this topic (Legacy).

www.ufschile.tk

Awaken said:

if i didnt have to register i would vote

Agreed. However Gentlemen's Legacy is my favorite way to play.

I quite enjoy a legacy draft or sealed. Great way to move product and generally touch up on your UFS text/history. It usually ends up with me wanting to try something new in standard and is a version of the game that everyone can compete in.

Now, constructed legacy... Sadly I don't have the time or desire to theorize re: the best card interactions as it doesn't apply to what I'm after, which isn't the prize of winning in standard, rather it is to play against and in a competition with the most people.

If everyone and their dog played legacy, and therefore it earned the respect it deserves, then I would play it no doubts in my mind.

- dut

Also, I visit TCO a lot and have answered the poll.

Yes I play legacy, if I did not have to register i would vote as well.

Requiring people to register to vote is the only way to keep the stats honest, because I can track user activity by IP.

If it didn't required register to vote, one person could simply their cookies, and go back and vote.

So I apologize to those who don't want to register, but it was the only way to keep the data valid.

Too lazy/busy to register. But I play Legacy and Standard.

Interesting note - only 25% of responding players play Standard only at this point.

Antigoth said:

Interesting note - only 25% of responding players play Standard only at this point.

responding here or responding over there?

Homme Chapeau said:

Antigoth said:

responding here or responding over there?

Responding over there. I can't count responses given in this thread, they're not statitically valid.

Antigoth said:

Personally, I don't find it surprising at the this point. I'd assume a large reason why that's so is because there's only 3 sets. Between not wanting to play the same cards over and over all the time and owning tons of legacy cards, it's a bit harder for many to justify solely playing Standard at this time.

I think if you do this poll again after 2 more sets have come out (assuming that the sets are of a high quality) and you should see an increase in that percentage, sir.

ROTBI said:

Antigoth said:

Personally, I don't find it surprising at the this point. I'd assume a large reason why that's so is because there's only 3 sets. Between not wanting to play the same cards over and over all the time and owning tons of legacy cards, it's a bit harder for many to justify solely playing Standard at this time.

I think if you do this poll again after 2 more sets have come out (assuming that the sets are of a high quality) and you should see an increase in that percentage, sir.

Sure. If I don't do it say March/April of next year, remind me.

The problem is guessing how the people too lazy to register on your site to vote would have voted.

Also, if someone wanted to "stuff the ballot" it's not too hard to do even w/ the registration requirement.

To answer the question though (and yes, I'm too lazy to register, at least, atm):

I don't play Legacy as often as I'd like. Our store does legacy the first weekend of every month... except as oft as not several people show up w/out Legacy decks and we end up playing standard.

aslum said:

The problem is guessing how the people too lazy to register on your site to vote would have voted.

Also, if someone wanted to "stuff the ballot" it's not too hard to do even w/ the registration requirement.

1) If they're too lazy to register, then they're comfortable with whatever the results are, which is 25% of players play standard only.

2) RE: Stuffing the ballot box - while that "could" be done, at the same time I also get to see who registers for the site from what IP addresses, and what each accounts activities are. If all of a sudden I have a flood of new users on the site, and the votes spike in one specific direction, I have the ability to correct the issue.