Spare stealth die?

By James McMurray, in Descent: Journeys in the Dark

The FFG store has what it calls a complete set of dice, but it doesn't look like the picture has a stealth die in it. They've also got a set of silver and gold power dice for RtL, but that doesn't have a stealth die in it either. Does anyone know how to get a spare stealth die?

Ours lived up to its name before it even got rolled, disappearing completely while we were setting up the table for our first game that would use it. We've been using a d6 and just considering a 1-2 a miss, but it just doesn't feel right. :)

Those dice sets, of course, were created before the stealth die existed. To my knowledge, there's no way to get a stealth die other than in the ToI box, but you could try contacting FFG and ask about getting a replacement.

Considering they were giving out replacement dice (engraved even, instead of silk screened) of the Doom dice, I have a feeling they would be willing to simply mail you a replacement die. They're really good at this kind of service :)

Now I just wish I had gotten a hold of engraved Doom dice, as mine are finally starting to fade...

-shnar

As luck would have it, I DO know how to get a spare Stealth die. A few months ago I lost mine and I emailed customer service. They sent me one in the mail at no charge. I'm not suggesting they would do this for everyone, but it was a very nice gesture on their part. Just ask nicely.

(Does anybody else find it amusing that the stealth die gets lost so easily?)

Stealth works on a 1/3 basis so you can use any power die and say it's the surges. gran_risa.gif

jwdenzel said:

How "Alanis Morrisette ironic". The rest of us just think it's far too amusing...

grouik said:

Stealth works on a 1/3 basis so you can use any power die and say it's the surges. gran_risa.gif

No you can't, because frequently you have to roll power dice and the stealth die at the same time, and there'd be no way to tell which is which.

You can use an off-the-shelf d6 and treat two of the sides as X's, though, as the OP said he was currently doing.

If FFG where to offer them for sale though, I'd buy myself four (one per player in total).

Antistone said:

grouik said:

No you can't, because frequently you have to roll power dice and the stealth die at the same time, and there'd be no way to tell which is which.

You can use an off-the-shelf d6 and treat two of the sides as X's, though, as the OP said he was currently doing.

You roll it before! and or roll a color the attacker does not have! (silver, black, gold!) gran_risa.gif

jwdenzel said:

As luck would have it, I DO know how to get a spare Stealth die. A few months ago I lost mine and I emailed customer service. They sent me one in the mail at no charge. I'm not suggesting they would do this for everyone, but it was a very nice gesture on their part. Just ask nicely.

I ordered an extra set of JitD and RtL dice and asked FFG if they'd be willing to add in an extra stealth die and they were very happy to do so for me. They're a very good company. I enjoy their stuff and enjoy giving them business. I can't think of any other company I can say that for.

You're right! Just ask nicely :)

Sorry, I forgot to update this thread with the outcome. I contacted customer service asking if they would be offering replacement stealth dice for sale any time soon. Thaad asked me for my address and within a week there was a stealth die in my mailbox free of charge.

For this and other reasons, FFG is very much a company that will keep getting my business (more so when I've got a job again. :) ).

can't seem to find spare dice sets (of any kind) in the FFG online catalog.

Thanks for the links, strange there's no way to navigate to those pages.

As for them being out of stock, guess I'll have to wait.

Chernobyl said:

Thanks for the links, strange there's no way to navigate to those pages.

Shop from the top banner

Board Games on the left

Select Descent

They're in the list, with big pictures of the dice sets.

Silly me, I was looking under Catalog > Board Games > Descent > Products

odd they list it in one place and not the other.