Kazuya Mishima: Arnold Schwarzenegger would say, "IT'S TURBO TIME!"

By MarcoPulleaux, in UFS Deck Building

So after Darklogos had to go and post an article about Chaos, I had to do what we sheep do and FLOCK TO DAT ****!

So I picked the only character I'm good with in Tekken and decided to go stupid fast aggro with him. **** Heihachi. Can Heihachi blow up the world at last minute's notice? Can Heihachi give attacks +2 +2, upwards to +4 +4? DOES HEIHACHI STACK DEM CHARS ON 'IM?

No

So I built a Kazuya I think will work like TURBO madness. I'm talking 4 Mishima Family Bloodline to just keep drawing n' drawing and placing Kazy's on him as fast as possible, then swinging in hard with his E and crushing domes.

This is the result:

Kazuya Mishima* - Chaos TURBO

Characters: 7

3x Kazuya Mishima* 4/6 +0-MID (C/D/E)
4x Jin Kazama* 3/6 +0-MID (C/D)

Assets: 3

3x Path of the Master 2/5 +2-MID [unique]

Attacks: 18

3x Dark Geo Da Rey 5/3 +2-MID [Multiple: 1] [Ranged] (C/E)
4x Spinning Demon 4/3 +1-LOW [Kick] [Multiple: 1] (C/D)
4x Lion Slayer 4/2 +1-HIGH [Punch] [Combo (Kick)] (C/D/E)
3x Execution Technique First Rite 4/3 +2-LOW [stun: 2]
4x Zi Mei's Wheel Kick 3/3 +2-MID [Kick] [stun: 3]

Foundations: 37

4x Need to Destroy 3/5 +2-LOW (C/D/E)
3x Communing with the Ancients 3/5
4x Mishima Family Bloodline 2/5 +3-MID
3x Merciless Laughter 2/5 +3-MID (C/D)
3x Driven by Fear 2/5 +3-MID
3x For the Money 2/5 +3-MID
3x Chasing After the Power 2/5 (C/E)
3x Body of Souls 2/5
3x The Hunt is On 2/5 (C/D/E)
4x Merciless Fighter 2/4 (C/D/E)
4x Treacherous Offspring 1/5 (C/D/E)

Lion Slayer IMO is one of the best attacks in the block. It already poses a major threat by itself, but in here, I can combo off my many kicks, and the more Kazys I have in play, the bigger that combo can be. Otherwise, it's a lovely 4 mid 8 damage at 4 difficulty. It's a kill switch in its own, and isn't likely to fail.

Spinning Demon is simply too hawt for words, as it just helps TURBO this deck up.

The rest of the attacks are just bowss with Zi Mei's Stuntastic lutefisk clearing their grey area, then Dark Geo OF THE KING (well, it's Castillian, but wtfever) sweeping up. The goal of Kazuya's attacks are to play many of them, which is why I have 4 Lion Slayers. The fact that every single Lion Slayer is an independent threat makes it almost a staple in anything. I considered using Shadow Flare over it, but 1. I'm not Keenan and 2. Lion Slayer is simply a more threatening card in Kazuya.

The foundations are all typical, but I decided to keep 4 Mishima Family Bloodline because I want to draw it as quickly as possible and abuse it as much as possible. There simply isn't any real "draw", and only Body of Souls and Spinning Demon can "create advantage". Whatever the case, MFB helps get Kazys into play as quickly as they can, and draw a mouthful every time I play either spikey-hair. Also, I tend to liek abusing MFB with The Hunt is On and Merciless Fighter (which combos with THIO)

Also, probably the biggest reason Kazuya > other Mishimas:

Form with Communing
Form with Communing
Form with Kazuya
Good luck blocking my attacks =D

It looks pretty good, I would max out on certain cards, like Wheel Kick and especially Merciless Fighter, that card is such a key aggro piece in Jin/Kaz builds that I think 4 copies are warranted. Otherwise looks great, I prefer both Kaz and Jin in Chaos/Death splits but I've been experimenting more and more with Chaos and your deck has given me some more ideas, good luck with it.

The only card I have a problem with is First Rite, which would be awesome if you actually had Shadow Flare in the deck, but I think there's probably something more worth your time than a stun 2, especially when you arent maxed out on wheel kicks.

Vik - If there's one thing I've considered when building Kazuya, it's that he needs chars as quickly as possible. As you've mentioned yourself, the E is Kazuya's main drawpoint with his F truly being a late-game last resort more than an early game board advantage like Infiltrating days of yore. I can certainly see your points on the cards you've mentioned, and after all, this is TURBO TIME!

As for multi-symbol (because trust me, Cursed Blood + Kazuya F is just too good), I simply don't like multi-symbol in a game this fast-paced. In the current game, you really need to get your stuff ASAP, and even with a large majority of cards sporting Chaos and Death, can't be slowed down really.

Ninjazanus - Yeah, honestly not too big a fan of First Rite truthfully, but Stun is simply too necessary in this game right now, and in Kazuya, any weenie attacks can become pretty impressive.

MarcoPulleaux said:

Vik - If there's one thing I've considered when building Kazuya, it's that he needs chars as quickly as possible. As you've mentioned yourself, the E is Kazuya's main drawpoint with his F truly being a late-game last resort more than an early game board advantage like Infiltrating days of yore. I can certainly see your points on the cards you've mentioned, and after all, this is TURBO TIME!

The F can screw up an opponent's turn early on. If you see he has a key piece of his combo on the table and can spare it, F DAT ****.

Changes look good. I've been play testing a bit with shadow flare and First rite and it works. Better with Mariner, but a solid 1-2 punch alone.

I definitely wanted Shadow Flare, but Lion Slayer is simply a better kill (and 1 diff cheaper).

MarcoPulleaux said:

I definitely wanted Shadow Flare, but Lion Slayer is simply a better kill (and 1 diff cheaper).

Lion Slayer, I find, is pretty much a staple in Kazuya.