Toadings with Frostmarch?

By Frog, in Talisman

I hear that the Frostmarch expansion greatly increases the chances for Toadings!

Besides the Toadify spell of which Frostmarch has two, which cards increase the chance for Toadings?

An increase in Toadings would make the game Toadally Awesome!!!

If the Ice Queen's Palace is on the board, there is a chance that she can transforms you into a toad, if you roll a 1 .

I assume she will do the same in this expansion...

But Fate would allow players to avoid that?

I love Fate, but I hate how it 90% of the time destroys the chance of someone getting Toaded!

Maybe I'll just have to house-rule Toadings! "The Power of the Toad compells you to save your fate and accept your true calling as a Toad!"

Frog said:

But Fate would allow players to avoid that?

I love Fate, but I hate how it 90% of the time destroys the chance of someone getting Toaded!

Maybe I'll just have to house-rule Toadings! "The Power of the Toad compells you to save your fate and accept your true calling as a Toad!"

That's true,( same for rolling a 1 at the enchantress..

But it has cost you one fate..( only with evil allignment is it easy to replenish fate, but that has other negative effects, for example..(healing)

--------

I am also wondering if they are more cards that can transforms you into a toad. ( If i read on the forum, people says that you have more chance to transform in to a toad, but the only cards i can call are 2x toadify and Ice Queen palace..( that is not much compare to the huge spell deck and adventure deck.. ( maybe it was just a lucky draw?

FFG, I hearby request you make a Marsh mini-box expansion.

Said expansion will have 4 new characters including Toad, Frog, Turtle, and Lizard player characters.

There shall be tons of ways to be Toaded. The Toad Warrior cannot be Toaded because he is a Toad!

Do it!!!!!!!

Crone from Reaper can Toad you, but with Craft 1, not likely. Of course, when you double-draw (Swashbuckler in this case, could be Prophecy, Fiend Slayer, Draw 2+ card space, etc.) and get Crone + Demon, you're cooking Toads aplauso.gif .

Frog said:

FFG, I hearby request you make a Marsh mini-box expansion.

Said expansion will have 4 new characters including Toad, Frog, Turtle, and Lizard player characters.

There shall be tons of ways to be Toaded. The Toad Warrior cannot be Toaded because he is a Toad!

Do it!!!!!!!

It lets me think about a Marsh/Swamp/wildernis expansion

It would be fun to see a frog warrior etc

how about some toad enemies with special abilties. They can transfroms you into a toad for sure..

The frog warrior can make followers of them( same as ogre chieftain lengua.gif

Dam said:

Crone from Reaper can Toad you, but with Craft 1, not likely. Of course, when you double-draw (Swashbuckler in this case, could be Prophecy, Fiend Slayer, Draw 2+ card space, etc.) and get Crone + Demon, you're cooking Toads aplauso.gif .

Haha

Cooking toads partido_risa.gif

Nice meal then.

I have eat some frog legs in the past...( Yummie lengua.gif

Transmuter!!!

Roll a die.

1 or 2) TOAD!!!

3 or 4) Nothing

5 or 6) Convert strength/craft counters.

Also, on Toadify, 1 or 2 turns the spellcaster into a toad. 5 or 6 (if cast on a character) turns that character into a toad.

Canadianized said:

Also, on Toadify, 1 or 2 turns the spellcaster into a toad. 5 or 6 (if cast on a character) turns that character into a toad.

Wow. Don't cast that without any fate!

Canadianized said:

Transmuter!!!

Roll a die.

1 or 2) TOAD!!!

3 or 4) Nothing

5 or 6) Convert strength/craft counters.

Transmutor is nice gran_risa.gif

It''s a place card, that you want to evade, but converting str and cr is also very good.

Let's evade the card, oops, the Reaper is close..

crimhead said:

Canadianized said:

Wow. Don't cast that without any fate!

Indeed, it's a very dangerous spell to cast ! demonio.gif

And it's funny too..

An exception - cast it without fate by all means if you are in dire straights. When you have nothing to lose, make a desperate play!

NERF! There are already too many spells that many players feel they get "stuck" with. I can hear the ugly rumblings that will come from my group when that one pops up. And unlike some, like Randomize, which just gets thrown immediately to get rid of it, that spell will probably get a demand for removal. Toading isn't special when it happens too often; and this one just forces the potential wasting of a Fate to get rid of it for something more useful... and dependable. If you are in dire straights, that's the last spell you want to risk using. By the resurrection rules of some game options, you are better off to just die than to lose everything you have by becoming a toad in a very bad situation. At the very least, it could have been made somewhat more dependant on elevated Craft for a better chance of a desired result. These types of spells make it almost pointless to be a spell caster character; might as well be a thumper and just work on getting some Craft. There's no difference when comes to spells like these.

Only a 1 in 3 chance that it will do anything to help you... and the same chance of something much worse. Even Randomize has some appeal over this, tactically speaking.

Which player makes the roll?

Cidervampire said:

Which player makes the roll?

I think the spell caster.. preocupado.gif

Canadianized said:

No it doesn't.

1 - You get zapped

2-3 - No effect

4-6 - Target zapped

That's a bit better that previously report... almost enough to make it worth it.

talismanisland said:

Canadianized said:

No it doesn't.

1 - You get zapped

2-3 - No effect

4-6 - Target zapped

Wow, that's a lot better

But the caster makes the roll right? Makes the most sense...

Toadify! - Cast on a creature or character you are about to engage in battle. Roll 1 die: 1) The Spell backfires and you are turned into a Toad for 3 turns 2-3) No effect 4-6) If cast on a creature, its Strength is reduced to 1 until the end of the turn. If cast on a character, he is turned into a Toad for 3 turns

talismanisland said:

Toadify! - Cast on a creature or character you are about to engage in battle. Roll 1 die: 1) The Spell backfires and you are turned into a Toad for 3 turns 2-3) No effect 4-6) If cast on a creature, its Strength is reduced to 1 until the end of the turn. If cast on a character, he is turned into a Toad for 3 turns

Mmm, so you can only cast it in battle..

If you become a toad yourself, then the other player can grab all your stuff ! be carefull !

Reduced to 1? sorpresa.gif

That almost means easy victory at the LOD !!

Change the LOD to a toad with str 1 and go to Crown !

Velhart said:

If you become a toad yourself, then the other player can grab all your stuff ! be carefull !

How so? When you Toad yourself, your stuff drops, the other char can't take them from you gui%C3%B1o.gif .

Dam said:

Velhart said:

How so? When you Toad yourself, your stuff drops, the other char can't take them from you gui%C3%B1o.gif .

That's right.

My mistake, but i wonder if you stil fight each other in battle, after one of the two characters change to a toad..

I assume, that the battle has not end yet...??( giving the toad a final blow?

Velhart said:

That's right.

My mistake, but i wonder if you stil fight each other in battle, after one of the two characters change to a toad..

I assume, that the battle has not end yet...??( giving the toad a final blow?

I don't think sudden Toading has any impact on battle/no battle. Toading doesn't have any effect on your turns as such, doesn't end it, doesn't prevent you from moving, having encounters or combat. One half of the battle just is at a disadvantage suddenly.

V's thinking ahead, definitely. You get your hands on that spell an 1 or 2 Fate points (given that you survive the Dungeon) and go after the LOD, and its definitely a 50% chance of an easy win. It's not a cake walk tactic, and depends on getting that spell, but still... interesting... and I'm not sure I like that.