Frostmarch questions

By Frog, in Talisman

If I buy Frostmarch, how many of the spells and adventure cards are dependent on the new rules like Warlock Quests or Alternate endings?

Alternate Endings, how many of these are dependent on Warlock Quests?

I'd mainly like this set for new characters, spells, and adventure cards to expand the base-game. I'm not really that interested in the new endings or rules.

Good questions! But I'm not sure how many people have the expansion yet for the in-depth answers. Anyone?

Lake of Visions, Glory Seeker, False Grail and Path of Destiny refer to Quests. There are no specific cards that refer to Endings.

talismanisland said:

Lake of Visions, Glory Seeker, False Grail and Path of Destiny refer to Quests. There are no specific cards that refer to Endings.

That's not much..

that makes the game more difficult without the replacing variant + warlock ending gran_risa.gif

talismanisland said:

So in other words, if I just leave out those 4 cards, the Warlock Quest Cards, and the Alternate Endings I will be getting a Reaper like boost to the core game?

Or would things be really out of balence using the new adventure cards, purchase cards, and spells without the cards you mentioned, endings, and warlock quests?

Except that there be alot of 'frosty' type cards in the deck which might seem odd if the Ice Queen isnt the ending.

I was thinking that i might only use the adventure cards that relate to the frost queen when she is drawn as the ending (not taking them out of the deck as that take too long to do everytime but just redraw if a frost queenie card is drawn).

Mind Robber said:

Except that there be alot of 'frosty' type cards in the deck which might seem odd if the Ice Queen isnt the ending.

I was thinking that i might only use the adventure cards that relate to the frost queen when she is drawn as the ending (not taking them out of the deck as that take too long to do everytime but just redraw if a frost queenie card is drawn).

Even if the Ice queen is not the ending card for that game, there is always the Ice queen palace as a adventure card lengua.gif

Mind Robber said:

There are mountains on the main board. And it's a fantasy game. I think Ice effects are cool and won't diminish the base game at all.

I did not buy the Dungeon because it really does not expand the encounters and spells by much. I also felt it would lessen pvp etc.

Frog said:

Mind Robber said:

There are mountains on the main board. And it's a fantasy game. I think Ice effects are cool and won't diminish the base game at all.

I did not buy the Dungeon because it really does not expand the encounters and spells by much. I also felt it would lessen pvp etc.

The Dungeon has really good spells !