Cards on special board spaces

By RedSimon2, in Talisman Rules Questions

What happens if I land on a special space (i.e. any space which does not say that I draw a number of cards, like graveyard or city) and that space has cards on it? Do I encounter the cards or if those cards are objects do I pick them up instead of encountering the space instructions? Or can I choose one of these options?

It seems this is more of a problem with the many objects found in the expansions. Characters constantly ditch stuff. Also there are these cards that wander around, like carnival.

redsimon said:

What happens if I land on a special space (i.e. any space which does not say that I draw a number of cards, like graveyard or city) and that space has cards on it? Do I encounter the cards or if those cards are objects do I pick them up instead of encountering the space instructions? Or can I choose one of these options?

It seems this is more of a problem with the many objects found in the expansions. Characters constantly ditch stuff. Also there are these cards that wander around, like carnival.

If you choose to encounter the space instead of a character there (or maybe there was no character there), then you first encounter the card(s) in the normal order and if your turn hasn't ended after you've dealt with all the cards (stand-off or loss to a Ghost for example would end your turn there and then, leaving the rest of the cards and the space unencountered), then you encounter the space, following the instructions on it.