Notion: units in burnt zones invincible? [dont declare defenders]

By JayDe, in Warhammer: Invasion The Card Game

With the declaration of defenders optional , does that mean an opponent could never kill your units in a burnt capital zone through normal attacks, because you could just not declare any defenders?

I almost got to this point in a game, and realised this sort of ruined a facet of gameplay - it's legitimate, but feels pretty dirty game-style. What does everyone else think?

I dont see any ruin in gameplay terms there.

To be fair attacking an already burning zone isn't going to help you. If there is an annoying unit in burning zone there are generally other ways of attacking it. To me, having a zone burning feels like victory. With the exception of the battlefield your opponents units are now just cowering in the burning rubble. Maybe future cards will be able to force your opponent to declare units as defenders, but it to me it feels fine as it is.

Right tactically it is difficult to find certain units in an entire zone and take them out. In game play terms, that means other cards abilities that specifically deal with those kind of things.

I know what you mean, i ended up killing my own 'Sigmar's Blessed' to activate their card effect and return some Chaos Knights to the player's hand!

Yeah so far it could be difficuilt to kill units in a burning zone, but as Duke said there will probabilly be, in the future, some cards which will help you to destroy/remove a card in a specific zone.

Anyway, i'm still testing the game so i still didn't come to that point, but i think that a single unit won't ruin your game only because it's in a burning zone.

Margalus said:

Anyway, i'm still testing the game so i still didn't come to that point, but i think that a single unit won't ruin your game only because it's in a burning zone.

It could force your hand though. Today, Dwarves vs Empire game, Empire zaps King Kazador with Forced March, moving him from Battlefield to Quest Zone, which pumps the Dwarven Quest zone to 8 Power (meaning 8 cards per turn draw!). In order to buy time to finish off the Empire, the Dwarves used Grudge Thrower, sacrificing King Kazador on their attack (and Mountain Brigade a turn later). Otherwise, they would've decked-out fairly quickly.

As i said, i'm still testing the game with a friend's set so i played just a few games and didn't think about those situations..so thanks for the post, i didn't think about this one gui%C3%B1o.gif

Dam said:

Margalus said:

It could force your hand though. Today, Dwarves vs Empire game, Empire zaps King Kazador with Forced March, moving him from Battlefield to Quest Zone, which pumps the Dwarven Quest zone to 8 Power (meaning 8 cards per turn draw!). In order to buy time to finish off the Empire, the Dwarves used Grudge Thrower, sacrificing King Kazador on their attack (and Mountain Brigade a turn later). Otherwise, they would've decked-out fairly quickly.

That sounds like a fantastic tactic!!! Especially as the Dwarves cannot relocate their units... If playing the Empire, you can focus on moving units from the battlefield to the opponent's quest zone.... Brilliant! gran_risa.gif